So when can I buy the Pimax Crystal?

Hi,

I was told by Pimax last summer that the Crystal would be available in Q3 of 2022.

I had really hoped to have a Crystal headset in my hands by Christmas 2022. Well that did not happen. :disappointed:

My question is really simple and I would like to get a straight answer from some Pimax official:

When can I get a (properly working) Pimax Crystal headset delivered to me?

The latest update from Pimax says they will start shipping a few days after CES. So about 2 weeks from now.

Hi,
Thanks for the quick reply!
I have paid for the pre-order, but have not heard anything about being able to place a regular order. Has anything been published concerning ordering a Crystal?

1 Like

My advice is do not be without replacement HMD, while waiting for a new pimax product. In every business some dates must be shifted and late. But if you are just saving for top unreleased product without any HMD, then your frustration might poison you too much.
If my 8kx wasn´t working, I would buy Pico 4 or HP G2 and enjoy it while something better comes to me. Later you can sell “temporary” solution, or maybe gift it to somebody.

4 Likes

Well iirc they had said 300 “would” be ready after ces. So unless your an early reserve(if going by order) imho not likely receive til spring sometime.

This all presuming the current out break dies not delay things further. Etee has said there factories are hit bad and they have no idea on ks shipping again that was due to start shipping around the end of this month.

1 Like

Yes, not good times for “fixed appointments” at the moment. Also for Transport. Received a package from China today from a reliable shipper. Shipped on November 12th. Normally it takes him 5-6 days.

2 Likes

reality is no one knows and we can only speculate. CES will be important next week, we’ll get a good idea of the current state of the crystal.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.