So we heard there are reworked lenses for the pimax crystal at the USA roadshow,is this true?

So we heard there are reworked lenses for the pimax crystal to fix the focus problem at the USA roadshow,is this true?
Maybe if so you can send one too @mixedrealityTV to test it?

@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

1 Like

Yes, though I have no way to know if it’s actually different or what affect the changes will have. Lots of people here over the next 3 days to test and see. We are doing a long string of roadshows so they must stay with us for now.

2 Likes

I’m really glad the lenses are getting this attention. MRTV may have been very helpful in bringing this to light. Please don’t be afraid of criticism/bad reviews. We don’t want it to be seen as derisive. It’s what will make the Reality series a success! Keep up the hard work at the road shows. We appreciate it!

Indeed. New units at the USA show have other improvements that were a surprise. Latest firmware does let you power it directly among other things. Amazing how fast the team is evolving this.
USA Roadshow Day 2 in 3 hours.

3 Likes

Maybe by the time the roadshow hits Asia / APAC, (like: Tokyo, Taipei, HK, Singapore, Sydney) the headset will be even in a better state to show off.

Umm… oh wait… I guess Asia/APAC won’t be getting any roadshows?

I read a note from a visitor to the shows you are conducting, which intimated that the physical difference seems to amount to a temporary spacer added to the existing lens frame, and that this spacer can come dislodged (apparently that happened to this person, and somebody from your team put the spacer back in its right position).

If this is the case. I’d speculate you should be able to see and demonstrate the difference (…minus accompanying distortion compensation adjustment), to any visitor with, or without certain eyesight issues, simply by momentarily removing that spacer… (EDIT: Err… That would be UK “momentarily” - not US… :stuck_out_tongue: )

1 Like