So today its the pimax chrystal launch(europe time),so i am curious what we can expect at our last day from the pimax 7th Anniversary Event

Ha, I actually was F5ing for a bit earlier as the link to the mystery box was broken. Like I said, I’ll wait til the month is out before moaning. @SSJ3 mentioned an interesting point that he recalls, not for sure, that they did a mystery box shortly before a product launch before. Maybe this anniversary event really was just focused on the anniversary, is 7 years a significant one in China perhaps? It could be also that today was intended on being the Crystal launch with that final date on the event but something came up and delayed it so this mystery box is a way to fill it in or something.

I guess it’s good to see the crystal in that mystery box but yeah, a mystery box was not at all what I was expecting or wanting lol. We’ll know by Friday.

4 Likes

Hahaha I see you’re still positive, awesome. So you’re still expecting a release before friday?

I think you’re misreading. They are still shipping it, just not with the light up part, guessing due to shipping batteries being a pain.

That said, it’s odd to bother mentioning it tbh. Better to not say anything about stuff like that. It’s that sort of open communication that gets used against them constantly. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Not expecting, but hoping. Like I’ve said, I’m just not going to moan about it til the window has closed. I know for some it’s a bit of a hobby but I personally find it tiring, so I’ll be voicing my concerns and questions when/if the window passes and we hear nothing (or get a fluff answer).

1 Like

Ahh, it’s a good job Crystal doesn’t come with batteries then, oh hang on wait.

Yeah, cause there’s no difference at all between a small lot of custom free gifts and a full on product. Imagine a company giving away something nice for free and someone finding ways to turn it into a negative against them, oh hang on wait.

1 Like

I quoted one line in the description. I’m not criticising the give away itself am I.

At least my old tech still has function as well as being artsy :grinning:

5 Likes

Cool. Is that a CD player?

I like turning hardware into art. This is my PC.

6 Likes

Hard drive and a blank CD clock face with leds at the hour marks

1 Like

Did you do that tubing yourself? It looks super clean, really nice. Feeling kinda sad looking at my pc now lol.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah first time I tried water cooling apart from helping a friend with his Corsair kit. If you’ve got the spare cash it’s well worth It.

I correct people who post false information or who represent what is actually just speculation as if it was fact. I have no intention of attacking the people themselves who are posting.

I update my assessments as I get new information. My estimates changed when Pimax said on the forums around the beginning of this month that they had been subject to a covid lockdown for 2 months where their employees were not able to enter their offices. I posted that my estimates had changed at that time.

I still think they were likely on schedule for a Q3 launch prior to that.

Did anyone notice the significance of there being one Crystal among the possible mystery box contents? Even if it’s only one, it means Pimax can ship a Crystal now. That implies a lot of things.

Among them is that the launch will be happening soon. I think still not soon enough to be inside their original Q3 target, but likely sometime in October.

Amusingly, by including one Crystal in the mystery box, Pimax is technically shipping Crystal in Q3 like they said in their June announcement. I’m sure this isn’t how they meant to satisfy that target date when they announced it, but it’s still getting at least their finger across the finish line after getting tackled in the final stretch by a long covid lockdown.

If they can send one Crystal to a customer in a mystery box, that implies that Crystals are also going out to reviewers now, too. Or already have.

1 Like

Mark my words. Pimax is not sending out that Crystal any time soon.

1 Like

I think you fell foul of the thing you claim to uphold. Where does it say they will ship the Mystery box now? They could ship the Mystery box this year, next year or when ever they like.

2 Likes

The Mystery box is badly executed. They should of done it like this…

10 Crystal - when stock is available 6 month wait Max
20 8kXs
30 8ks
20 5k Super
20 5k+
Total 100 - 10% chance of a Crystal. This would raise 50k.

Pimax selling 10 Crystals at $2000 would raise 20k

Nah actually I think they did that part right. Who buys the mystery box? It’s going to be people who are fine with a 5k headset and anything better is welcome. If you add all those expensive headsets then the price will go up significantly and who is going to buy the mystery box then? People who want an 8k probably don’t want to risk getting a 5k. And people who want a 5k in the first place will feel it’s too expensive.

Apart from the 1 Crystal they don’t state how many 8k, 5k super or 5k pluses they offer. Just a total of 70. There could be…

1x Crystal
1x 8k
1x 5k Super
67x 5k+.

No way I’m putting down $534 on that deal.

I do think they mystery box is a bad idea in the first place though. They made it seem like they wanted to do something for the community. Well guess what, the community already has a headset so won’t be buying that mystery box. The only people who are interested in the mystery box are people who don’t have a pimax headset. So it’s quite a bummer to begin with. I mean, really, nobody who has a Pimax headset will pay $499 and will want to risk getting a Pimax 5k, if they already own such a model or better.

It’s what makes this day extra sour. All this hype and then we get pretty much nothing.

2 Likes

Good luck to those that put down $534 for a 1.4% chance of a Crystal.

2 Likes