So pre-order customers are getting their 8K-X in August/September?

And you need to recheck purchase details. I wonder how much import tax you might pay on was it $1500 :us:?

I paid $70 :canada: on 4 Lighthouses. Ultimately you will likely need to pay the small amount of tax to receive and yes you should check into your sales tax laws. PimaxUSA already stated I believe this move was to save you(maybe them/both) some of the additional charges to receive.

Korean Backers for example due to pimax selling the 5k and 8k headsets started to get import charges based on selling price vs backed price.

This is about my relationship with pimax through our transaction. It isn’t about how my costs differ or compare with any other customers. Whether or not I should feel fortunate that I don’t pay excise or EU VAT or Canada import taxes has no bearing on the simple transaction I made back in January. Pimax told me how much to pay, and what I would receive. I paid that amount, ($1399 for the headset and $60 for shipping) the transaction is complete at that point. They have the money they asked for and I’m waiting for delivery.

Here is a read for you. Read 2A and 2C.

I am sure if you prefer they might ship yours direct from china and you will pay the import fees instead.

Thanks for looking that up and copying the link; I’ve had more than one sales permit in the state of CA and have managed sales tax returns for many years, but thanks for the condescension and snark. I’ll leave that there and let @PimaxUSA tell me what, if anything, I need to do next. You obviously haven’t read or taken in, maybe not really understood anything I’ve written regarding sales tax, but that’s ok.

Sounds good.

Either:

1. Pay import fees from direct shipping from china might be more or less than CA sales Tax. Some whom have received in the :us: this method can give you an idea what Fedex & :us: will charge in total.
  2. Pay CA sales Tax and it might be less than or more than Fedex + :us: import fees.

Good luck and enjoy your headset once this is figured out and you receive.

Wrong, the importer lets say a (shop for instance) pays VAT on imports and retains their tax invoice. They then sell the product to an end consumer and charge VAT on the transaction, they then pass these VAT reciepts to customs and revenue and get a rebate on their import tax paid. Tarrifs and duties are a different thing altogether. The difference here is there is no middle man, you have not paid VAT on your purchase and the government claims it upon goods entering the country, you get to look forward to cost of shipping being added in the VAT calculation.

Thanks for letting me know how VAT works for you over there in the UK. We do not have VAT here in the US, so nothing you wrote pertains to my statement or transaction.

1 Like

Your sales tax is the equivelent to our VAT, I gave you the benefit of the doubt in making this connection.

2 Likes

not at all similar. sales tax law here is determined by each state, not the country. In California, retailers are liable to collect money from customers for the purchase of any product or service the state deems as a taxable good when the transaction occurs in the state and the retailer has a license to sell here. The money is owed by the customer to the state, but the retailer has the obligation to facilitate the collection and disbursement of the tax to the state. The retailer doesn’t pay any tax upfront and pass the cost along to the customer, all they do is add the tax to the retail price as a line item. They collect at the time of the transaction, not months afterward.

I have worked with manufacturers and know that they pay tax on wholesale components (some materials are exempt) used in manufacture of a product and tax is rebated + charged on end product.

1 Like

that doesn’t happen here in California, or any other state. There are no pass-through taxes charged at the retail level for any products sold here unless we are talking about government fees for things that are highly regulated like automobiles. I mean I could buy components and have tax charged on them by my supplier, but that just gets rolled into the BOM cost for the end product. The tax is not separated out and charged to the customer separately. I could also claim a use tax exemption when filing, and have that tax deducted from my tax owed, but either way it doesn’t get passed through directly to the customer.

The whole point is that at the time I purchased, in January, Pimax did not collect sales tax on their transactions shipping to California. That means that they did not have a retail license here (which is perfectly fine, if they were out of state) or they had one, just did not charge sales tax. If they did not have a license at the time they sold me my HS in January, that means I am not liable to the state for the tax. If in the meantime, they have opened operations here and are now obligated to collect tax, that does not apply retroactively, even if my months old order ships from California. They have to collect tax on transactions from the day they start operations here, not for any transactions completed prior.
If they had a sellers permit at the time, and didn’t collect the tax, it isn’t illegal for them to ask for the tax after the fact, prior to delivery, but it is unheard of in retail to ask for it months on.

1 Like

YEAH! Just got a call. My HMD comes on Friday! Order P126975

Ordered in June.

Gonna give the first impression ASAP. I’m so freaking pumped right now.

6 Likes

My 8KX arrived today. Sent on 18 September, arrived Melbourne, Australia on 25 September, so pretty good even by pre-COVID standards. Tracking number was provided by Pimax, and FedEx delivery was without issues (Shanghai - Tokyo - Guangzhou - Singapore - Sydney - Melbourne). If you are particularly desperate, or are stuck at home in lockdown with nothing better to do, you can track the actual flights on flightaware.com by correlating the transit times on the FedEx site with the departure times of FedEx aircraft.

I seem to have got a bit lucky in terms of delivery date, but looking at the spreadsheet I see that most of the Australian purchasers on the sheet received tracking numbers around the same time. So I assume that I got included in a regional delivery.

Initial comments:

• Plastic hinges. Pushing the back down required getting past a detent and feeling greater resistance, but I didn’t feel that I was in danger of breaking anything.
  • Thin foam only (I assume, see picture) was included. Ticket raised to request thick foam.
  • My purchase included the base station and controller bundle, but these were not included in the delivery. As I mentioned in an earlier post, a couple of weeks ago my order was modified to show these separately, implying that they would be sent separately. Ticket raised to request more information. Meanwhile I assume from what I have seen on here that I will be able to use the HMD on seated games (Elite, ETS2) without the base station.

EDIT: @PimaxQuorra got back to me very quickly to say that the Index bundle would ship separately with its own tracking number and that it is “waiting for shipment”. Thanks!

Stand by for more newbie questions. Meanwhile, I need to fire up Elite Dangerous and swap my Corvette for a Sidewinder before I try anything in VR.

8 Likes

My order is like your… I go my Fedex tracking this tuesday… (estimated delivery 30 september) but actualy no update from fedex tracking

1 Like

So my got stuck in customs waiting for some info from Pimax.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t their new strategy, giving out tracking numbers but just still not handing the parcels over to FedEx.

In the fedex tracking page there is a message “Estimated delivery can change when fedex got the pack” so I’m afraid it’s true. The email and tracking was send me by pimax " status update"
Please note, my order was done on Pimax.com/account, that actually directed to EU pimax. So I can’t view my order

My eye tracker has the same status. It had an estimated delivery date of 7 days after I got the tracking number. Then when the 7 days were over it just changed to delivery date unknown

I am still lacking shipping information for my November upgrade SO7364.

@PimaxQuorra You’re running out of time.

Hi @PimaxQuorra, how are you? :beer: :partying_face: :ok_hand:

I still haven’t received a tracking number for my 8KX.
You promised me a track number this week, but I still haven’t received it.

Please send me my 8KX already, my queue is not honored.
I’m counting on you very much :beers:

2 Likes