So pre-order customers are getting their 8K-X in August/September?

I got a message back from Emily, looks like there was a minor issue with 8KX orders being placed at a point in time with incorrect shipping charges. I paid 10 dollars instead of 60, she provided instruction on how to make up the difference before they will be able to dispatch the unit.

1 Like

Now they want $100 from me again before they’ll send the headset.

In a previous ticket I got permission to move a downgrade coupon over from one ks account to another. But I guess Pimax did not make a note of that so now they’re after my money again saying it was not allowed. My hate is growing pretty strong these days. They better forsake that amount to prevent me from becoming pretty active online warning every soul I meet not to do business with Pimax.

If you can find the correspondence authorizing the transfer. They have to honor the agreement made.

I had a problem like that years ago with the phone company claiming their operator wasn’t allowed to authorize the payment agreement that was made. Woke up to find my line was disconnected. Took an hour to resolve; but once I pressed the issue about the contract. They apologized honored the agreement and had my phone line reconnected at no charge.

However quite unbelievable piMess.

Oh I did, linked to ticket and quoted the ‘Yes your order is OK’ confirmation. Now we wait. A week probably. And that’s before they even start sending the headset.

1 Like

If it is a week. Then it will become 2 as the Autumn Festival starts first of Oct and runs for I think it is 7 or 8 days. So likely just over 2 weeks.

Though with the current FiFO mess will likely be just over 2 weeks regardless for most.

You should mention the terrible logistics in your review. You should not have yours yet!!

:angry:They need to replace the head of logistics urgently. I am still waiting for my headset. All I receive are “soothing” messages for months, but no tracking of my 8KX which I paid for already!!!

1 Like

So did it worth forum flooding with complains about delayed delivery & feeling sharing that it won’t arrive? As usual one day it arrives. Not blaming just asking :slight_smile: . Just got the impression as many ppl just overcaring about the HMD delivery. When you get some other stuff to do days pass fast. But is it what we want? It makes our lives shorter, so why just don’t put attention to everyday tracking inspection & try to enjoy days that you still have :sweat_smile:

• PS: this message was took out of context & was before in Dmel’s thread about reporting his 8kx receive, so the question was addressed to him but it was split & put in here, just FYI
4 Likes

Troll.

I’ve paid half of that in November 2017.
The other half in October 2019.

You talk like a ftard because you already got yours, skipped line. When did you order? Easy to laugh about people who’re rightfully angry, right? Just weak. Get outta here.

It’s a time to visit neurologist, they have nice pills, life will be much happier :sweat_smile:

Hell yes it is! :smile:

With Pimax, you can never be sure about that.

Why would we care about a $1000+ item that has was ordered and paid for 11 months ago? It’s a complete mystery!

Such philosophical wisdom! I am overwhelmed! More please!! :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

wait, wait, wait. There was no sales tax due in CA in January at the time of the sale. I am in CA and damn sure wasn’t informed at the time I purchased back in January that I would have to pay sales tax. @PimaxUSA you need to pick up the tab on sales tax if you are liable to pay the state and didn’t inform me at the time of sale. In fact, if you didn’t have operations in the state in January, when you actually sold the product, you don’t have a liability to pay sales tax on it now. Otherwise, if you did have a sales tax certificate at the time, but just failed to make the liability a part of the sales order, that is on you, not me!
In any case, @PimaxUSA please let me know who to contact to ensure my order is not in some sort of limbo because of this CA sales tax fiasco.

Sales tax/import fees are quite normal when importing from another country. Though this should be coming through in this case Fedex. Fedex, ups, dhl you always pay on your imports.

maybe because you’re a baker & know how Pimax does the business, you weren’t forced to buy it, it was your choice, one thing is care another thing is OVERcare & crying on every thread about how it’s bad, get depressed & change threads context constantly.

if you think you paid 1000$ & everybody should be sorry about you (including other forum users not the Pimax staff) & you can throw $hit on every single thread & it’s how it’s supposed to be for you, well suit yourself, hope you will have a good time enjoying community content saturation.

This isn’t import tax or VAT. This is CA State Sales Tax. It is entirely different, and is ALWAYS charged at the time of sale, not upon delivery.

And is paid to the retailer, who in turn pays the state. Not paid via the delivery company.

Also, this is not an import to me, as the customer, if it is shipping from the California warehouse. It is a domestic shipment, handled completely by a domestic carrier. Pimax shipped it from their warehouse overseas to their distribution center here. If there are import fees, they are 100% incurred by pimax, based on their wholesale value, not the retail price. The import fee is pimax’s to pay at that point, and should be a part of their landed cost. They can roll it into the retail price of the item, but it is no way standard to add fees months after a transaction is completed, even if this is what they are supposedly charging for.

I will actually wait to see if @PimaxUSA replies to my request for more information before addressing the issue any further. We only have one pre-orderer’s claim and no statement from pimax on this. They should’ve announced the added sales tax to prior orders along with the weekly announcement last week; but that would be asking WAAAAY too much.

He would be a Backer Upgrade I believe and in this case that makes him a pre order like anyone else. So yes he has reason to be irritated like any pre order that ordered long before you.

What is depressing is pimax continues to demonstrate they cannot follow through what they commit to.

3 Likes

Well In Canada if the declared value is over $100 you pay an import and sales tax. Pimax did state the purchase does not cover taxes and import taxes.

I cannot say how California manages taxes on goods. But pimax is not responsible for taxes charged in your country. Be thankful your not in the EU as I believe some are paying 23% or more in VAT tax.

You bought from a chinese company. So it is an import. Now you might be paying less tax than import by them importing to their warehouse vs you paying customs.

If pimax does swallow your fees then all will want there import fees covered.

This is just a new mess is all.

you have no idea what you’re talking about when it comes to sales tax, so thanks. there is no mention of import fee or customs and duties anywhere in the previous poster’s message. It mentions sales tax. Sales tax is not customs, or duties. If I try and place an order now for shipping to California, the invoice includes a sales tax charge, but if I place an order for a shipment to another state, there is no sales tax charge. They are obviously charging sales tax for shipments to my state, but were not when I ordered and paid.