So is Chinese New Year finally over?

New year break has just been extended an extra week to help reduce virus spreading

Yeah first hurricanes, now plague, next war and famine.

Its the four horsemen.
man Apocalypse really does not want the 8kx to release maybe he has stock in Oculus.

images%20(2)

2 Likes

Hahah we can expect locusts and frogs too, I’m sure

1 Like

can it be spread through objects?

i know during testing every headset is placed on the face of employees for testing.

wow…just…wow…

Actually what you wrote is uninformed.

Do you think the entire world is in on this conspiracy?

How long do you think it takes for a flu to reach these kinds of numbers?

129 people have been reported as infected outside of China with 0 deaths so far. Most of these are Chinese who were infected in China previous to travelling so we should be seeing deaths consistent either with the official 2% or the higher number you image yet we are seeing neither.

The total death rate for the infected stands at 2%.
The official death rate for the infected in Wuhan stands at 5.5%
If you exclude Wuhan, the official death rate for the infected in the Hubei province is 1%.
If you exclude the Hubei province the official death rate for the infected in China is currently 0.3%
If you exclude China the current death rate in the World is 0%.

What this points to is mismanagement. And we know that is accurate. China initially underestimated this, now China and the world is balancing that by overreacting.

By the numbers this is the equivalent to a strong flu. If the current response remains in place the outcome will most likely be less severe than the flu. If there was no response at all I would expect the number of dead to total somewhere between 1-5 million worldwide with it most likely to be on the lower end of that number. I believe with the current response it would be possible to keep the worldwide total number of deaths very low compared to the potential risk and lower than the seasonal flu death numbers. Because of the similarities to the flu, if governments force self isolation for suspected and confirmed cases and if we see this remain in place until this virus is no longer a threat we should also expect to see a dramatic fall in flu deaths.

I expect should this link be made statistically we may see some governments change laws to match for even suspected flu cases in the future.

I’m actually at risk of exposure due to my location, the time of year and my sons job. Last night he was in contact with people celebrating CNY who had just travelled from China. I’m also still recovering from a chest infection from cutting the grass two weeks ago. I’m not worried.

Pimax isnt the only ones affected. I just got this yesterday from Woojer.

2 Likes

No need to discredit me calling it conpiracy

Plenty of info and daily running on news in Asia

Doors sealed with wood with infected inside.

Ppl try escaping on boat to other province.

First line medical staff urging to not trust what goverment says, doctors say the infected number is 10 times higher then official reported.

Wechat account banned if talk about the virus spread.
And face 3 to 5 years prison sentence.

Many Infected died at home without help.

Infected died at hospital unattended.

First line Medical staffs say the infection level is much more severe than you saw on TV

Doctors seeing over 100 patents a day in 1 hospital, many are in bad condition

Crematorium on full speed 24hrs a day and expanding the transport fleet.

5 millions wuhan ppl escaped to other provinces before the city lock down.

WHO admit to wrongly address the risk level.

Not going to argue, but info are there and ppl can use their own judgement.

I’m not going to be political about this, but transparency is for the safety of everyone since the virus does not discriminate. You can call it conspiracy but I’m here to say otherwise.

2 Likes

This topic has degenerated badly into an off-topic mess. To answer the question in Shanghai (where our home office is located) is extended until Feb. 10th.

So for that area CNY technically not over until that time provided it is not extended further. If it is extended further we will post added information.

8 Likes