So if the pimax 12k ever come we knew it has a bigger field off view,but will the culling at the sides also become more with certain games like bonelab?

Hello there,

So if the pimax 12k ever come we know it has a bigger field off view,but will the culling at the sides also become more with certain games like bonelab?

That should be a wasted of the field off view and very distracting,or is there a build in fix for that now?

Good question, I don’t think we’ll know until people get hands on with the device though. If we’re lucky the culling will be so far at the periphery that we won’t notice it, but I doubt that tbh. I’m guessing some games just won’t be feasible with such a massive FOV but at least there’s always the option to go smaller for certain games if needed.

i am asking because it has a build in chip the decoding must be possible i think to eleminate the culling?

I don’t think they could tbh, I might be wrong but I would imagine the culling issues are happening then the game is rendering before the headset’s processing can have any impact. I could be totally wrong though.

1 Like

The culling is usually because although we can change the render fov, we cant change the culling fov, which is often hardcoded. If the fov of the hmd goes up i would say yes, PP mode on will fix, but as the fov goes up the rendering costs go up exponentially. In fact in parallel projection mode, the rendering costs are infinite at 180 degrees fov. Its unachievable. If the pimax 12k acheives 200 degrees fov in my mind would have to have 20 degrees of canting…but i may be wrong.

2 Likes

Do you have any info @PimaxUSA @PimaxQuorra

Yeah I feel lile the degrees of canting could be helpful to be shared