So I received a response from pimax

"We’re very sorry that Artisan production meet problems,engineers are working hard to solve it and trying their best to push ahead.To be honest,the shippment isn’t decide now.

Sincerely sorry for the delay.

We understand it may make you feel bad,let us know what we can do for you under this situation to make you feel better."

Does that mean that people who work there have no idea when we may expect our orders to be shipped?

Emails that i received a month ago were estimating a delay of 2 weeks and mentioned that all orders should be fulfilled by the end of april…

Ive been having a lot of problems in my life for the past half a year or so and its really getting difficult to find entertainment for myself. I was sure that pimax headset would make my life less grim, but im losing hope…

3 Likes

Clearly, there’s an engineering problem. It’s often hard to predict when a solution will be found. This is unfortunate, but imo, it’s much better than shipping a defective product or providing an overly optimistic delivery date, which is unlike to be met.

It sucks, but hopefully, the problem will be solved and your Artisan will be shipped fairly soon. Most of us have learned to be patient, since Pimax has a history of delays. Fwiw, I really like my 8K (enough to have ordered an 8KX). Like you, I am also waiting and I expect it will be at least a month or 3 before I get it.

I can sympathize. I have a chronic (and frequently painful) medical issue. Gaming and VR provide a welcome distraction. My suggestion is to try to find something else that’s fun and distracting, until your Artisan finally arrives.

If your situation allows, helping others can boost your feelings or perhaps a getting a pet would help. It’s hard to feel sad when you have a pet which loves you and can distract you from your problems. My wife volunteers at a no-kill pet shelter and we often foster motherless kittens. I find that kittens always cheer me up. If you’d rather have a dog, you will have a best friend for life.

I sincerely hope that you can find some happiness in these difficult times.

10 Likes

I could beat around the bush but the answer frankly is “yes, exactly”. Unless you count knowledge of the fact that it surely is NOT going to ship anytime soon as having an idea - then they do have an idea…

My son, you are just in the first circle of Pimax’ Hell.

And unlike Dante’s Inferno Pimax’ Hell does not only have 9 circles but approx. 50 (probably they wanted to create their own “50 shades of Pimax” - spoiler: you will not get to play the sadistical part…)

i am sorry to hear that; I wish you good luck to see things improve. Pimax may make your life seem less grim - if you see how much, apart from your Pimax order, actually still works in your life. It helps you by showing that it all could be even worse.

6 Likes

Unfortunately that is likely very accurate. As they keep pushing things back. Now apparently a long over due update (8+ weeks) is pushed back another 4 weeks. Time will tell if that happens or if another 4 weeks is added.

I would be curious to hear what engineering issue the Artisan is having as it might affect current Artisan owners.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.