So after hours of tweaking, I figured out the BEST and easiest way of supersampling. Here’s how

Yup, think you stop noticing any difference after around 2.5

1 Like

https://community.openmr.ai/t/how-to-exceed-the-maximum-resolution-of-4096px-imposed-by-steamvr/16067

6 Likes

For those like me who could not or did not know how to access OpenVr Advance Settings without controllers, there is a desktop version.
Download the latest OpenVr Advance Settings and instal it ( i took the .exe )

Then simply got to instal folder C / Program files / OpenVr Advance Settings…and execute “startdesktopmode.bat”

Voila :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I think @Mpmo10 did a nice write-up that made finding the appropriate setting a little more accessible.

Let’s not bicker but be happy that we have such a tech-savvy forum, no?

7 Likes

Are you a child? I did not say I discovered this solution and how to increase the max res on my own. I just wrote what I found a very useful thing for me to help others.

10 Likes

You just don’t have time to patent this idea. :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is an old version of OpenVR Advance Settings that hasn’t been updated since August 2017.

Use the following links instead:

6 Likes

I mean the thread reminded me of the meme, and it made me giggle, so I posted it here. Don’t get so offended lmao.

Anyway, kudos to you for figuring out that lowering the PiTool quality setting results in a lower output resolution. I’m pretty sure SweViver or one of the other testers posted a video about this sometime last year.

Edit: I believe SweVivers recommendation was to use PiTool quality 1.5 and tweak SteamVR supersampling from there depending on performance. Basically the same idea, just a slightly higher initial setting (his recommendation was for those with 1080ti’s I believe).

alright so basically you’re making fun of me because what I wrote is a well known fact that EVERYONE and their mothers are supposed to know about? Has everyone who’s gotten a pimax watched sweviver’s 6-8 hour long videos of him with the pimax now? Many people have asked and are still asking about the best ways of supersampling, and I wrote my way of doing it. I found that the results of what I did were really good so I decided to post here so others could also benefit.

And clearly people did benefit if you read the comments above. So go do something useful yourself instead of complaining for no reason. What a toxic guy

Well it wasn’t a good meme tbh as no one claimed ownership.

Posting findings can be quite helpful as most don’t use search functions & Sweviver later changed his reccommendation. Saying he leaves pitool at x1.0 & now mainly uses in game tweaking. Just makes things toxic at times needlessly.

6 Likes

Tried now with
GTX 1080 (non-Ti) - 16GB - i7 6700K
pitool settings 1.0
steamSS 80%
rfactor2 (very resource demanding sim)
AA 5x
rest of options on medium value
smartsmoothing active
I have 45 rock solid fps (so 90 for my eyes thanks to ss)
The image is much more clear then before.
I’ll try to improve at the best possible later.

5 Likes

Niceeee, was gonna try assetto tonight. Rfactor needs parallel compatibility? Really need to make a thread asking others to contact PC2 devs so they can work with pimax to remove the need for parallel compatibility

1 Like

Nice write up… quick question… what version of pitool are you all using?

2 Likes

You could have just ignored my post and went on with your day… why are you so upset about it if what I implied isn’t true?

Yes, I thought it was common knowledge that you could change SS settings in realtime.

Also, toxic, yeah; take your own advice on that one.

Pretty sure not all games allow you to change SS on the fly.

2 Likes

Newest, version 103. Released before yesterday I think

Thought 109 was latest or is that too busted? I saw @Heliosurge posted a thread about issues…

1 Like

That’s exactly why people get upset about things. Because of other people saying things about them which aren’t true. Not exactly rocket science. Yeah i’m the toxic one here and not you, the one who started mocking me and trying to say i “stole” someone’s settings :rofl::rofl::rofl: Alright buddy

2 Likes

Yeah my bad i just checked, it’s 109

2 Likes

103 has the FFR & BW. 109 is the newest version released. With 106 mentioned by Kevin to be released on the 18th was used for closed testing

1 Like