Sniper Elite VR

Has anyone grabbed sniper elite yet? whats the story on ffr/dfr support? parallel projection required? are we hitting 100% super sampling at 90hz 8kx large FOV, with for example a 3080?

4 Likes

Looks great on 8KX :pi_smiley: :+1:
The picture is very pleasant to the eye, it works easily on Normal FOV (140°) with gtx 1080ti (in native 4K mode (75hz) with high graphics settings (I think it can be adjusted even at Large FOV). Stable 75 FPS, no PP.

The style is similar to MoH A&B, but the picture is much more optimized and clearer.
However, the game already has problems:
on knukcles, the hands are slightly in the wrong position, they are shifted forward.

Well, and the main disadvantage: you cannot normally aim through the scope of a sniper rifle - it floats somewhere to the side, you have to greatly change the angle of the rifle in order to look into the scope, otherwise there is a dark spot instead of the sight.

3 Likes

is this a bug with the canted screens of pimax you think? might try enabling parallel projection to see if it fixes that effect… sounds like it could be working as designed, you do have to “line up” a scope to see through it in real life otherwise it’s just black the same way. but the angles could def be bugged still

2 Likes

Yes, you’re right, it really does :beers:
I just tried it, enabling PP fixes this scope problem, now you can aim normally.
Do not forget to include all the effects of bullet shots :pi_smiley: ( If you want, of course, to see the insides of enemies :crazy_face:)

1 Like

After enabling PP is the framerate still solid with the 1080ti?

1 Like

Yes, the FPS remains stable if you lower the steamVR resolution to the previous value, which was without PP.
Or you can decrease the FOV.

Or one of the two, which you like best :wink:

1 Like

I managed to get rid off the scope alignement issue by toggling on an option in the menu. Can’t remember the actual name but it’s something like “scope smoothing”. Not really sure what it actually does though, but at least I can run it without PP.

2 Likes

Interestingly, I switched the scope options, but did not notice the changes.
I’ll have to try again later.
It’s good if that works, because this game doesn’t need PP elsewhere.

1 Like

That’s weird, I tried again to be sure and it does work on my end.
The option is comfort scope in the comfort menu. I think it makes the scope less realistic by taking away the parallax effect which might be why it corrects the alignement ?

3 Likes

Lots of bad reviews on Steam are because of Oculus/WMR users saying their controllers are way out of place and aiming is bad, maybe not as bad with knuckles? Guess I’ll wait for the first patch, but I did buy it this morning.

2 Likes

Great :beers: I just checked, enabling the “comfort scope” option makes the scope adequate for use.
It no longer turns into a black spot, you can aim accurately, and no PP is needed.

All in all, 8KX along with Knuckles are very well suited to Sniper Elite VR.

I really like the sharp picture, optimization, immersion, the pleasure of aiming and hitting the target. For the first day of launch, the game is very good :beers: :sunglasses::+1:

And the additional effects of the flight of the penetrating bullet make the effect of wow (although in fact it looks monstrous, but after all, this is a Sniper Elite feature that can be turned off when you get bored).

Rifle shooting is great, I immediately chose a realistic level of ballistics at the beginning for maximum immersion. I think it’s worth it.

But shooting from a pistol (still in training) looked kind of strange: some kind of tracer bullets, as if arrows from a bow.
( I wonder how long the campaign is :roll_eyes: I hope for at least 10 hours )

2 Likes

Has anyone tried the Oculus store version with a Pimax headset? It is a cross-buy title and I was considering getting the Oculus version so that I could also get the Quest version for free.

1 Like

Yes, the rifle handling is mostly ok, but I find the other guns to be janky to use.
You can’t use your off-hand to stabilize your handgun for example, as this will just pull the mag out.
I always wonder how pavlov, which was at the time a one-man team can have such smooth gun operating while these AAA studios can’t make a fun-to-use gun (looking at you MOH VR)…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.