Slow games like Subnautica

Hello,

I loved Subnautica in VR. I am playing with an xbox gamepad. I don’t have any true VR controllers nor do I want any, I do not intend to jump around the room nor flail my arms. All I see are games that require controllers and/or super fast shooters, but I am not that good with the gamepad. I’d rather play something slow. Subnautica was perfect for this. Anyone can recommend anything similar?

2 Likes

Hi!
You can try
Time machine
Forgot the name of the other I wanted to tell you about, searching
Edit,
FIRMA is a cool space vehicle one :+1:

1 Like

There is a long list of Gamepad friendly games.

Obduction (Explore puzzles makers of Myst)
SkyrimVR
Distance (trackmania like sort of)
Redout. (Racing)
Vector 36 (Racing)
Detached (Space explore might be similar to Sub)
Telefrag (Deathmatch quake arena like)
Vox Machinae (Mech Multiplayer)
WarRobotsVR (Short free demo game)

The Free Content Directory here is likely.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/free-content-directory/9153?u=heliosurge

2 Likes

A few of those seem to require quite a bit of mastery of the gamepad. For instance I loved Skyrim with the keyboard and mouse, but I’d never try it with a gamepad, “I’m too old for this sh*t” :). Just like the deathmatch and racing games, they seem too fast for someone who’s been Kb&Mousing since '89 :). Will look into the others, thanks guys.

1 Like

Detached I think might be not bad in that respect.

If you like mario kart style racing Coffin dodgers is a lighter racing game.

in skyrim vr you can aim with the head instead of with the right stick, it is infinitely more precise similar to the keyboard and mouse. I know because I have the same problem.

1 Like

I absolutely recommend GTAV Real VR mod. It plays perfectly with a game pad and I play it so slowly just cruisin around one of the most immersive city simulations ever.

2 Likes