This should look pretty awesome in VR!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vxh_hhimi8

8 Likes

Cant wait till the tech is there to run this in vrā€¦ But it may be years

2 Likes

I think it should be able, depending on how heavy are the mods

2 Likes

The ā€œmore 3Dā€ vegetation should hit performance a bitā€¦

Among VR Skyrim mods the past several months, you can now use parallax mapping, and impart physics interaction with your hands, including grabbing an NPC by their shoulder and dragging them along, which may cause them to look a bit displeased with you (the dogs look happy as ever, of course, when patted on the head). :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I have a bit of an aversion to a lot of texture replacers ā€“ too many of them change the art style too much for my liking, and all too often I get that sense of looking at photos scissored out of different glossy magazines, and pasted together into a collage (EDIT: especially with the really high resolution ones) ā€“ they just donā€™t fit together all that well as a coherent wholeā€¦

If the texture look obvious like a bitmap then it will surely be distracting. Skyrim as is looks very low res for me to get into in in VR

1 Like

I played it so many times even before VR that I got tired of it. The VR version had me mod the crap out of it (again) and play it to death again, to the point where i um-installed it.
As I get older I have forgotten much of it and it will soon seem new enough i will start again. :grinning:

1 Like

@dogbite: Did you ever try the Enderal complete mod ? Entirely new story & world. Itā€˜s on my bucket list for sure, just never found the time to get it work in VR - but itā€˜s allegedly doable.

2 Likes

Is that by chance the mod that is released as a Standalone on Steam but iirc still required base game? If so think have installed it but not played much of it. But seemed pretty decent. Hadnā€™t looked into getting it into vr.

1 Like

Never did but will keep it in mind thx.
Not there yet having so many other things to play. Now that MSFS has fixed PP, I busy there.

4 Likes

my game looks close to that,the benefits of having no motion sickness and playing at 45 fps lol,i installed most vr specifc mods,3d mods,textures,enb,lights,npcs,enlarged cities etc and looks insane,i stoped halfway trough the game since the crystal was announced tho cause i wanna play it on that.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.