Should I sell my 8KX and keep my Index?

I keep going back and forth. Every time I go and use the 8KX, or it seems every time, I run into some bug or issue that I have to work with. When I use the Index it just works and I don’t have to deal with the issues/bugs. But when the 8KX works its so nice and enjoyable.

Plus with the 12K trade in option in the back of my mind its hard to pull the trigger and sell the 8KX. I might of just answered my question. I keep going back and forth, keep the 8KX and deal with the issues, or keep the Index and enjoy VR but with reduced quality.

Anyone else going through this? What would you sell each one for as well?

Have a Blessed day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say it depends how much time you have to put in each try to get your 8KX running. If you thinker more than you are actually using your 8KX, than I would probably suggest to put your unit in to storage and keep waiting for the 12K trade in. For the Trade In your 8KX unit hast to be functional, defective units will not be accepted by Pimax. This can happen at any time while you are using actively the 8KX, in storage the probability for that is nearly zero.

The 12K will be probably released 2024, so the most waiting time is now gone. You can also sell it, but you will get much less money out of that compared to the Trade In, which is if I am remember correctly 1300 USD Max.

If I would be you I would wait until the 12K releases and would put the unit into storage until then, if it is frustrating you to much at the moment. You can still sell it after the 12K release at any time, I think the sell loss for waiting until then will not be much. Some used 8KX units are selling for as low as 450 USD Right now, I do not think that this will drop significantly even more after the 12K Launch. .

Thanks.

I think I’m going to hold on to it. I’ll keep using the Index. I just hope and pray that Pimax releases this headset next year and it works. With the 8KX you need what I call the “Pimax Patience”. This is so similar to Apple vs Android. If you want something to work with very few bugs just get an Apple. If you like to tinker around and customize things then go Android.

Have a great day.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.