Shipping after placing an order

Hi, i was wondering what’s the holdup for shipping out the Valve lighthouse and controllers upgrade? I paid a hefty amount of 35Euro’s for shipping and i know that they are ready to ship. So why are they not shipped already? If you got something in store and someone places an order, i assume it is shipped right away? Here in the Netherlands we are used to get a track and trace in a few hours after placing an order at a random webshop. And recieve it the next day :slight_smile:
I totally understand the process of shipping from China, and that it takes quite a few days, but i dont understand why it isn’t shipped out after placing the order.
I mean no harm with this question, i was just wondering… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Mindscan,

We are trying to arrange the shipment to all users once the order is placed.
It might takes some time to deliver your order.
We are so sorry for letting you wait for so long.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Well, i’m not looking for an excuse or something, it’s more like i try to understand what excactly is making a shipment ready to sending out, taking so long.
In my mind, i imagine a warehouse and a salesteam. Order comes in via internet, someone verifies all the details, someone picks the order out of the warehouse, packages it and generate a shipping label and handles customs etc and at the end of the day, the carrier comes to pick it up and takes it to their central postal office for further processing to the airfield, etc etc. Or am i totally wrong and does it not work at all, the way i pictured it? Just curious…
I myself work at a wholesaler and whe have also a de-central little warehouse next to the office where i take orders in. If a customer pays for @ 15 euro quick service (called Fastbox), we can have his package to him in less then an hour from the first call or email to delivering the package with a courier to his home or any place he is at work. And the normal orders are delivered next day. So i just dont understand how it works in China. No offence meant BTW @PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Hello Mindscan,

We are your opinion towards the delivery procedure our company is currently using. It might be slower than what you had thought, somehow we are trying hard to solve every request by our customers. We did appreciate on your explanation, will forward this to the team, so that we can have the improvement. We believe in future, we can run the delivery procedure in rapid, and won’t let our customers feel frustrated towards us.

We are humbly accept any comments towards us no matter positive/negative! We also looking to gather all suggestions from our users to recover from those mistakes we had made!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

2 Likes

I really appreciate the open mind, even if my question is more or less answered. I think it will help to reduce stress, when you ship every order (if possible/on shelf) immidiately. That way every order will be on its way to the customer and also it means that people don’t have to wait because of other orders. Just do a first come first serve policy and you will be fine. Also, when you only ship in batches, lots of people are waiting and asking about the status at the same time. And when they all sort of recieve them roughly at the same moment and they have questions as a whole group at once, it will also cause stress for your team. While shipping one by one (every package that’s on his way, is a “problem” less) will reduce the amount of work for both sides.
Hope my tips can help you forward a little, if i was in China, i would be more than happy to help :smile: To ensure you understand me, this is by no means negatively meant.

Another tip: try to be clear about what’s excactly going on in a process (we Dutchmen are always straight to the point). Like saying: “working on it” or: “soon” doesn’t tell me anything specific and i can’t make out anything from such an answer, although in your culture, it’s a nice and pollite answer. For example my questions above, i asked what the process of shipping excactly is, at Pimax, and you tried your best replying and give an answer. I try to do an fictive example of what i really would like as an answer:

"Hi Mindscan, indeed, the Valve hardware is at our warehouse and we have (…) Controller sets and (…) lighthouses tested and ready for shipment. We have (…) orders of Controller sets and Lighthouses. So the first (…) are shipping out. We dont have a contract with a courier that comes to pickup the daily packages, so once a week, we bring (…) packes by ourself to the postal office. Besides, we only got one employee available for order picking, and he is able to handle +/- (…) orders a day. Because of this, we suspect your order SO… to be shipped next week. It will take about (…) days from then to arrive at your door.
Hope this answer helped answering your question,

Greetings, PimaxQuorra."

You see the difference in your answer and this fictive answer? Hope i helped you understand the western style of communication in these kind of interactions. I know we do things differently, but it would be so much more satisfying for both sides, as it also helps to manage anger, if a customer is angry about something :slight_smile:

Now take the answer from you in the other thread, where you wrote:

PimaxQuorrapimax

2h

Hello Mindscan,

Will do! We will pass this topic to our team!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Now that is a clear answer :slight_smile: You tell me clearly what you are going to do, and i don’t have to guess what the meaning of your words is. Maybe that one is a very simple example, but it is a good example for showing what we would like to see, communication wise.

Have a nice day, greetings, Mindscan

1 Like

Hello Mindscan,

Much appreciated on your tip! We are here to learn the mistakes from all the users.
Glad that we have you as one of the supporter!

We will improve the way of communication whenever dealing with those posts!

Have a nice day!

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

Hi, Mindscan:
I appreciate your valued advice, it was helpful, and we feel happy that customers like you guys helped us to improve ourselves. You are right, and the shipping process is pretty slow. I also do not understand why our shipment took so long. Now the San Jose warehouse still has thousands of base stations not shipped out. Last week we shipped all the controllers together with the base stations, now we are waiting for the new controllers to come in, then we can start the shipment again. I try to fig out why it caused so much time? First, I believe the most significant issues are that we have two warehouses in the US and four warehouses in China. All of them located in different cities; the merchandise is kept in different warehouses. We have to repackage all the different items and need to reallocate all the different products into one warehouse. This process requires time for cooperation with various colleagues in different places. Secondly, the other issues are we can not control the custom release. That took us an unpredictable time and cost due to international shipping. One of the parcels shipped back to China on 11/21/2019, now this package still in the China customs (see the photos). Also, we admit that we are new to international business. The workers who in charge of the shipment are also freshes. Every day we are experience challenges and unpredictable issues. One another is that jet lag caused obstacles to communication too. Finally, financial is the main point. The shipping fee is a high cost compared to the product, Pimax charged only $29 per parcel for the backer, which means Pimax is bearing the mostly shipping cost. That is why they are trying to fig out how can balance the cost as well as the time. Honest to say, everything is new for Pimax; running an international business is not so easy, especially a new product.

Here we are not to give some reasons for our fault to delay the shipments. We want to communicate with our valued customers, and let our dear customers get more knowledge about us. It is true that compared to Oculus or Valve, we are a small company, but we play a significant role in the VR industry in China, we indeed want to grow up together with our valued customers. Please give us more time, and we do need help. We indeed like more people to join us if anything can help with the shipping issues. Any advice and commence are appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Hi Amy, thank you very much for your time, to explain in detail what is going on. It’s my pleasure to help. I think we all have a far better understanding of the issues and what is causing the delivery times. This was very well explained by you :+1: I believe this is a good start in getting things right, and i hope, there are more backers/customers willing to put up ideas and tips at this thread to help Pimax grow. This way of interaction will result in far more satisfying communication and hopefully in some help getting the job done.

May i ask why it is, that you have several warehouses in China? It does not seem cost effectieve to me while having just a few products. Also, it must be more difficult to get every item to one place to assemble them, that way…
I think you should centralise the business and production to be efficient and to work out diverse problems in shipping, cost, production, development, testing. Etc etc. Decentralising is normally done when you got a solid and heavily growing company. In my opinion not at this stage…
Furthermore, it would help if you partner up with a decent world-wide distribution partner/courier service that can assist in getting the shipments via a standardised process, including customs and so on, done. I believe, puzzling out all by yourself takes way too much effort and time. Het decent partners, they can help you forward with the things Pimax is less experienced in. Partnering up is a strong way of getting things done. Not only you have one party to turn to when there are questions or problems, it will also be more cost-effective.

What is the San Jose warehouse?

Will try to help as much as i’m able too, @Amy @PimaxQuorra
Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Hi, Mindscan:
We are very happy to get advice from you, and I think your advice for partnership is very valuable for us, I would like to transfer to our CEO Robin, I am sure he will be excited too. For your questions, I need to communicate with China colleagues then give a response to you.

May I ask where you located? We do need someone like you can join us. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Amy. Thank you for asking, it’s an honor to hear this :smile:
I live in the Netherlands. I actually have some spare time available in the very near future so who knows?
About the other questions, i do understand that you need to verify with one and another.
This is getting interesting…

1 Like