Shipping 8kx with only 1 face pad

Shipping 8kx with only 1 thin face pad to backers seems to be a bad idea.
This creates the following problems:

• ppl with low IPD and bigger noses cant use headset
  • nose pressure for some ppl with glasses independent of mechanical ipd value
  • edge light bleed or sweetspot issue
  • bad press for Pimax flagship hmd
  • irritation and quick sells on ebay

Pimax annouced that extra thicker facepad will be included in kickstarter bundle but in my opinion this is not a great idea , there is so many reports with comfort issue that Pimax should not shipping 8kx with only one facepad anymore…
@PimaxQuorra @PimaxUSA

7 Likes

It does ship with both now.

5 Likes

Ok. So far ppl have reported only one facepad.

2 Likes

Mine only came with one facepad sadly and it’s the thin one… Making it unbearable

2 Likes

Its still not true as ppl reported yesterday. @blitze @MReis

4 Likes

If you need the other pad you can request it (using a support ticket). They are supposed to ship with both.

4 Likes

yeah, that’s what your marketing material says, so far no one have reported getting two though.

6 Likes

@hammerhead_gal I would like to request a thick face pad, thank you. KS_1201

4 Likes

Hey, actually this is not my job. But sure, I want to help. :blush:

Can you create a ticket using the link below to contact our customer service about it?

You can give your ticket number to me and I will make sure that it’ll be taken care of by them.

Thanks for trusting me, anyway. :hugs:

6 Likes

Since you had the other thread where people are posting their requests for plastic hinges, I assumed that you could facilitate the requests for face pads, that @PimaxUSA just stated we could request, as well.

1 Like

I’ve ordered a 3rd party one just now as backup from VRMust, thanks to @DrWilken for the link.

What would be really useful for people is to know is how long it will take to deliver the missing foam once requested.

It would be nice for it to take a week, but most people’s experiences suggest we’ll be lucky to get it within three months. Any answer should be realistic and not hopelessly optimistic. I am an optimist, but I am also a pragmatist :wink:

1 Like

sir, your statements often turn out to be wrong. I don’t think that’s appropriate for the position as COO. you can either instruct it, it will be done the same way from now on, or not.

5 Likes

There hasn’t been a single 8kx shipped that has included 2 face foams as far as I can tell from the various reviews.

13 Likes

Second Face foam ticket has been created.

#6962 2nd face foam

Thanks.

3 Likes

Another Face foam ticket from me please @hammerhead_gal

Ticket #7980

Thank you.

2 Likes

Ticket #8088, awaiting response re: hinge & face foam. 8KX received early last week with only one foam.

hands up anyone that has received both foams!?

2 Likes