SDE and PPI - Pimax vs Valve Index vs Others

So you actually tried it, or just looking at pretty much useless through the lens screen shots? I can not see how anyone would think the 5k XR “clearer” than 5k+ it’s not even close

You need to read what @Yanfeng wrote. It was clear he stated the Op’s pics are flawed.

5k+ has better clarity over the XR. It’s a no brainer. 5k+ has RGB while XR has Pentile.

Yanfeng stated by his tests; which in case you were sleeping he was is a m1 tester whom provided very nice quality through lens photos. He has undoubtably has had hands on with the XR headset as well.

Final - Op’s Pics make the XR’s Pics appear better than 5k+. Yanfeng is stating the pics are misleading as the 5k+ has better clarity than the XR.

I hope this clears your confusion :vulcan_salute: :sunglasses::beers:

4 Likes

Thank you @Heliosurge for explaining my points more clearly. :+1:

4 Likes

Resurrecting this thread, just to discuss the PSVR2 screens which are supposedly 3200x1600 and 1058 ppi. Seems rather impressive compared to all the current headsets. Especially considering it’s to be wireless as well.

2 Likes

Are You sure it’s two screens/panels and not one?

EDIT: PSVR uses two panels so I guess it is.

EDIT: I was wrong as pointed out by @Heliosurge so if it’s a single panel is that really impressive?

Og psvr was a single panel

1 Like

Comment edited… :+1:

I don’t find that impressive at all then… :upside_down_face:

1 Like