SDE 5k vs 4k. The winner is?

I absolutely must dispel this doubt before choosing serenely between 5k and 8k. is the 5k SDE better than the pimax4k?

1 Like

Are you referring to 5k or 5k+ ? They are different.

Going by descriptions the 5k+ should be between a Vive Pro & Pimax 4k

2 Likes

So worse than the 4k?

1 Like

Yes it should be worst than 4k but better than vive pro.

6 Likes

…which is due to the wide FOV, which stretches the pixels over a much larger area than the 4K.

1 Like

Pimax 4K has a very poor display, affected by a lot of ghosting and clouding, and an extremely recognizable pixel pattern. I don’t think they can be directly compared.

1 Like

The 5k+ is the new 5k

It’s actually a new model. They are still planning as of last update to market 5k, 5k+ & 8k.

2 Likes

owning a 4k I would say that the comparison is a must for me

3 Likes

This means that my next headset will be 8k.
I hope in some review of the first backers, I am the number 1042

1 Like

I find lack of any P4k comparison videos somewhat worrying. they only compare to other popular brands but completely ignore the device that was supposed to be directly upgraded - Pimax 4k

4 Likes

I think SDE can be tricky to shot at some point, when low.

Somehow just like when watching in a newton telescope, the secondary mirror is actually in the Fov and everything that hold it in place, but they are out of focus, they actually make you loose some light, but not resolution. The more you are out of focus the more you see it and when adjusting the focus the secondary mirror that is visible fade away spreading all over.

I took some photos, Pimax 4K through lense.

4 Likes

I sold my 4k while ago but actually got another one, with the good serial and all.

Well…when I see people saying there is no SDE.
I wonder…does they know what we are talking about?
Do they need glasses? No offence.

I wasnt sure with my previous unit but yes you definitivly can see it, the zigzag pattern.
It doesnt disturb much BUT can be seen pretty much everywhere, except for dark objects.

There is one.
So, I take with huge cautions what people says about this now.

6 Likes

Click on link to see tables I threw out on a previous thread.

Extra 20 characters, post can’t be empty.

1 Like

Yeah that looks way better than anything I’ve seen for the 5k+ and 8k so far. Too bad the pimax 4k has so much ghosting.

1 Like