Screen image issues

Hello.
Does anyone know what is causing on my pc the screen to become this way?

It happens when I turn on my monitor but it does not always happens.

Even when i remote access my pc using a program like splashtop, on my phone the screen appear like in the attached picture.

Is this cause by my monitor or by my videocard or by the OS?

I have an nvridia 2080ti and a curved samsung game monitor 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor

Any help please?

Since this occurs when you remote the failure is probably your GPU Vram.

I suggest you change slots your 2080ti is installed in and see if the issue continues.

I do not believe the issue is your monitor. You could also connect your monitor to your integrated gpu on your motherboard and see if the issue persists.

1 Like

Reseat the monitor cable at both ends

4 Likes

It does look very much like a VRAM issue. You need to borrow another video card and test it out. Changing cable or reseat the video card won’t help.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone for your reply!

What is weird is that when I remove the cable from the video card, on the monitor I can still see the latest messy images I was seeing on the monitor when the monitor was connected to the pc.
Is that normal that depsite the monitor is not connected to the pc, the monitor does not go completely black?

1 Like

Sounds to me like something is wrong with the electronics inside the monitor.

1 Like

imteresting I also have a 49" samsung monitor (LC49RG) i got new last october. I notice mine did that same thing when powered on almost all the time.

Its like the screen is initializing or something then its okay.

Now that I’m thinking about it…It hasn’t done that in a while.

I feel like its either nVidia’s fault or maybe one of the settings on the monitor.

Try setting freesync to standard, or picture mode to something else, I dont really know what I changed .

2 Likes

Hi guys! Thank you so much for replying! I have done a 1st step of changing the display port cable from the monitor to the pc and it seems it fixed (for now at least) the issue.

I hope it is not a faulty video card otherwise I have no idea where to find a new video card to buy.

Are video cards out of stock everywhere?

I was thinking to upgrade the video card , but I guess at the moment is impossible

1 Like

Wanted to give a feedback. I returned the samsung 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor and I was reimbursed of the whole price.

The monitor has definetly manufacturers defects.

Samsung and bestbuy offered me full money back or exchange with same model or other model or upgrade paying the difference.

I ended up asking the money back and i purchased this monitor instead:

Maybe the samsung has better specs?

The issue is that samsung pissed me off because a such expensive monotor should not break just after 2 years

Welcome to the ultrawide family. You have the same taste in monitors as VR headsets.

Here’s a channel you will want to sub to.

You will also need Microsoft Powertoys , for the FancyZones feature its essential

I love ultrawide 90% for working on 10% gaming

that percentage used to be higher but what I realized was 60% of games just dont look quite right at 32x9

some can with fov patches Like the Ascent or Ace Combat 7. Daytona USA 2 running on SuperModel Emulator Looks amazing.

But even Doom with fov patch everything seems like you are farther away and extreme distortions on the edges (lol sound familiar?) , brows through Banman’s channel and you can see for yourself if the game looks “right” before you buy.

Also forget about games like D2 resurrected or street fighter working with it they lock you to 16x9

What I ended up doing was mounting a 42" 4K Samsung Monitor Q60A above my ultra wide so that I could choose when to go 16x9 or ultrawide depending in the game and its amazing.

(I said monitor because it seriously is more like a monitor than a TV it even has a aspext ratio feature that turns it into a legit 21:9 or 32:9 monitor.)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.