Screen dead during a il2 game

Hello.

Annyone had this issue?
Happened during an il2 flight. After 2h, on a normal day (20 degree). Half of the screen turned grey. The pixels look dead now.
The helmet is in perfect shape, using it without station, in a static position on a chair. Never dropped or hit him on something.

Look like an overheating problem. Since I am no more sick, I can use it for hours. Look like I was more endurant than the helmet this time… Lol
Is there some know issues on the first black helmets produced, or, it s just a bad luck?
They offer me to send it back end send a replacement, so I am happy with the customer support. But a little bit disappointed for the screen, and the cost for sending it back.

Where you using the silicone sleeve the whole time ?

Yes. They sent me the sleeve with the Helmet. Still wayting for the confort kit.

Annyway i dont have base station and controlers, I use it exclusively for flight sims, in a chair, so he never took anny hit.

Do you think the sleeve can be the cause of the overheat?

1 Like

Artisan can’t be out of warranty yet and they’re charging you to RMA it?

I would say there are chances ( especially in summer time) that silicon cause overheating problems. If you have digital infrared thermometer than make some tests…

Have a sleeve for a couple months now and no issues here Long play sessions and no heat difference that i have noticed.

Well, if they send me a new uprgrades version (blue) I will be happy.
I was just wondering if it was a common problem on the first batch, or if it was a bad luck.
Just don’t want to happen two times…

The sleeve is supposed to keep it safe. I mounted it right out of the box.
I hope this is not the cause.

But. I checked on the forums, and I don’t see a problems like mine, so maybe bad luck with the first batch?

Do you know what they have upgraded between the black and the blue batch?

The only misconduct i could see on my side could be with the PID wheel.

I have a very low ipd so my nose is pushing the two lens. So I was all the time playing with this wheel to maintain the PID the lower possible.

Does the new cover allow the PID to be a little lower?

Haven’t seen a lot of Artisan user posts. As for panel issues in general, there haven’t been enough posted here to suggest a major QA concern that I’ve seen.
I see the sleeve like the 5 mph bumper on cars. Hit it harder than that and no guarantees. Don’t know is the Artisan runs warmer than the 5K+ but like i said, no heat issue here with the sleeve.
have no idea about Artisan black and blue batches @Heliosurge may have knowledge.

1 Like

Ok, that s also my feeling, even if it s little early to have large feedback on the components quality.
Maybe a bad luck. Will go for a replacement.

Actually, I was hesitating for a index but… I love the artisan fov :slight_smile:

The only drawback of an artisan is, it kill my 2080ti if I want a perfect picture.
We need two more generations of graphic cards to use this kind of helmet.

1 Like

Been gaming since dirt formed and perfection (like cancer cures) is always just over the next hill. I settle for what makes me happy for now, until it doesn’t and then upgrade to the next “must have”.
I stopped trying to predict the future decades ago. :grinning:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.