Scent Generator Kickstarter until December 8th, 2020

I personally tried this technology. It works fine. However don’t expect smell localization. On the kickstarter you can get the device starting at 699 € + shipping instead of the regular 1,949 € + shipping.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/olfactory-devices/olorama-digital-scent-technology

1 Like

thats stupidly overpriced Linus just reviewed one of those that was in the 200$ range

2 Likes

If in the :us: I would avoid it as they killed i think it was VRfree? That also had heat and cold effects. Due to tye crusade against vaping(ppl vaping like a steam engine) links to health effects.

Interessting. Do you have link to the review of Linus?

1 Like

It was FeelReal but that issue with the FDA was resolved (at least that what they said on their kickstarter page).

1 Like

That’s good cause honestly when you saw ppl vaping during those news casts it looked like a steam engine vs how one would smoke a cigarette.

I saw this on LTT, and originally thought it was the FeelReal. This desktop setup got me thinking about using this for sim racing.

SimHub can control fans that are tied to effects which could theoretically make wheel slip/lockup control ‘burnt tire’ smell. Race fuel tied to accelerator position. Asphalt/grass in the speed controlled wind simulator. I just wonder how the stagnant fragrances affect the environment, and if it’s all worth it to begin with. :laughing:

2 Likes

https://community.openmr.ai/t/linus-got-his-nose-on-a-scent-module/33310?u=bnp

2 Likes

Yeah, on YawVR the scent device could be controlled by the smart-plug interface.

1 Like

Watched the video. You are comparing a 3D printed devit to a professional grade machine, but I still see your point that it is still pretty expensive. It is also important to realize that the used scents materials make a lot of difference. They have to be safe, provide the expected scent and also need to vansih very quickly in order to avoid unwanted mixing and overload. So to use any kind of scent oil sounds promising but will affect your experience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.