Run in place in any game (vr and not vr) using a phone in your pocket

A friend just shared this with me on discord and also someone else shared it also on fb:

I am going to try it.

If meeting what promised , this is super cool!

4 Likes

Keep us posted.

I am wondering if/how it handles walking backwards and strafing… I’m thinking neither will be possible.

1 Like

I do not think either
I will let you know

2 Likes

I have tried for vorpx yesterday. The software can simulate only “w” as keyboard input, and the direction of walking is decided by the headset/where we look. I tried the last tomb rider and when I was climbing the rocks I had to more sideways on the rocks and I had to click the “a” or “d” buttons on the keyboard to do those sideway movements . Also as u said, there is no backward walk.

It can be useful to use this method to walk in vorpx but I need to figure out what these limitations cause in a gameplay.

I did not try the software yet with steamvr since I would use nalo at the moment that seems more plug and play than this software, since there are already made profiles for games in nalo

1 Like

NaLo is arm swinging which I’m not after plus it means you lose your use of your arms :-/

No. Nalo has now walk in place functions that I have tested on the pimax for the developer and it worked for me
You can walk in place with 2 trackers on your ankles using nalo
The beta version has it

2 Likes
1 Like

Ah ok fair enough.

I pseudo-tried the walk-place-method using my PSVR n Skyrim and walked in place whenever I pushed forward in game… its… ok… it definitely gets rid of my equilibrium/balance problem when walking forward and backwards seems ok too, still there to a degree when side stepping though and the prob is if I did use an actual walk-in-place system would be that I would have to stand still when I side step or walk backwards in game so neither really wins for me.

Looks like the Kat Mini is for me, even without leaning backwards.

Cheers for ya help man! :slight_smile:

what do use to walk in place in psvr?

I pseudo-did it. Just played with a dual shock as normal but whenever I walked in game I walked in place irl :slight_smile:

I love this totally worth the 3 € it costs!!

1 Like

are u using it for steamvr games or vorpx games ?

I play Skyrim VR with this and I absolutly love it… No disconnect between “walking” and ingame movement anymore

1 Like

Have you tried nalo?

I am curios which one you prefer.

Also do you use 2 phones or just 1 phone ?

I like pocket strafe more because it feels better and more natural, though I still have to play with sensitivity and smoothing to get a better result.

Maybe a second smartphone can help. Need to hijack my wife’s phone and try out.

:grin:

2 Likes