RTX and VR - Raytracing a pro or con?

I think once the unity raytracing comes out of beta, we will start to see some developers try it out. I haven’t tried it personally so don’t know how much of a performance impact it would have.
I considered my 2080Ti purchase as an investment in the future, and always thought it would take another gen to make it common place.
Shadow of the tomb raider looks really nice, but it’s not a ‘must have’ by any means. In VR it really could bring things to life though.
Unless you want the absolute maximum performance, and don’t think a grand is too much money, 1080Ti is still a sensible choice.

3 Likes

soft (foldable) screens are emerging in smarphones now.
But the customers need to be convinced, so the critical mass is not at reach yet.
a good field for such technology would be for VR headset.
People are ok to pay the price, and a curved screen would help a lot and relaunch the hype about VR.
i expect Oculus (the only ones to have the money for instance) to make the buzz about that very soon since they are already hand to hand with Samsung.
a good way to relauch interest toward Oculus since they lost a bit of visibility since Vive , HP , Pimax are delivering decent products now.