RTX 30 Series Discussion - Part 2

der8auer had an interesting vid on a 70€ ali expresss kit that shipped from spain. I mean I’d probably not put it in a 3000€ pc but for having fun with a cheaper build it looked absolutely useable.

1 Like

I have not done it myself, just read about it a couple hours ago:
Reddit’s patch for Cyberpunk 2077 yields double-digit performance gains on AMD CPUs (techspot.com)

Are there any AIO cards yet for the 3090?

1 Like

I have a “build” set for an all aquacomputing cooling solution ready to order… but as you said it wont be cheap to go that way :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Cool, to be fair though, I was running at 60fps nicely until I decided to up some of the settings, like dlss quality.

1 Like

I have almost all up to max on UWHQD and get a bit over 30FPS with my 2080TI - its looking awsome and my GPU doesnt get to rest ;-).
Did you try VooDooDE’s VR Video for Cyberpunk (VorpX) ?

1 Like

just read the article and I was questioning if it would help the 5950x because it had plenty of physical cores and I’m not sure if i wouldn’t prefer using them rather than starting to use the smt threads when I got to this part “The 16-core R9 5950X actually decreased in performance when the fix was applied” Soo, i probably won’t be using it :wink:

I’ve not tried VorpX or seen Thomas’ video on it yet but I will get there eventually.

2 Likes

Oh damn, sorry! Did not read that far, I had two articles in the news app and just flew over that one. Seemed more thorough, so I thought I post you that one, sorry for misleading!

don’t worry, it’s not the CPU that limits my FPS :crazy_face:

1 Like

History says this would be the performance of a 3080Ti

2 Likes

Looks good but unreachable :smiley:.

2 Likes

I’ve always expected the 3080ti to be an 3090 with a bit less ram, and the super to be a 3080 with more ram, both with slight compute adjustment, probably set at msrps around 1200-1300 and 900-1000. at least that’s what I’d expect to be logical.

2 Likes

Kindly tell me a thing, a custom water cooling for cpu and gpu, how much time the coolant inside pipes last before the user should refill the container ?

I’ve been using the same coolant for 4 years on my old build without issues. It’s a transparent premix from ekwb but they don’t carry the same fluid anymore.

I doubt you’d have any reason to replace any transparent coolantl for reasons other than to change color in any reasonable timeframe.

Distilled waster with a kill-coil or biocide should also last pretty much forever.

You may need to top it up with a bit of distilled water if you’re experiencing a lot of evaporation though.

Opaque fluids is another thing entirely though and while they’re looking stunning they’re not recommended for any duration outside short term show offiness.

4 Likes

I’m not a technical guy or anything all I did was put my 3090fe into my Alienware Area 51 R2 and I can now play Skyrim VR with 402 mods with no problem. I was using a 2080 super and couldn’t handle the load but it only had eight gigabytes vram while my 3090fe is running o between 65 and 71 degrees Centigrade I’m pushing from 12 to 15 gigabytes of vramstrong text plus 13 GB of memory out of my regular Ram

I personally detest the “Super” nomenclature.

It’s nonsense and confusing and it only started because nVidia had more 20xx stock than they knew what to do with , because they gambled on miners.

I hope never to hear the term super again. As it sounds dumb.

The only company who should use “Super” is Nintendo.

3 Likes

i do not disagree, but it is what it is.

2 Likes

okayyy …
NVIDIA’s GeForce RTX 3080 Ti with 12 GB memory expansion is considered set, as it was before the launch in 2020 | igor´sLAB

1 Like

Wake me when something official gets announced and when there is even a glimmer of actual stock available.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.