Room Orientation

Added automatic recenter origin after startup and initialization. Unfortunately this command cannot be called upon instant startup (after 0 seconds), so there is a delay before re-center is made. This is due to the Pimax SDK (PVRSession) that needs to initialize before recenter-origin can be called.

I think few users care too much about PiTool’s room setup because it’s ignored by SteamVR games, that’s why some of us have the room incorrectly oriented.

So why not directly change the room orientation from Experience? This would be permanent

1 Like

Thats because the Pimax SDK camera-rig (which VR Exprience runs on) bases the orientation and center point upon PiTool Room configuration. It completely relies on that. There is no way to go around this, as far as I know :frowning:

VR Exp does not use any of the SteamVR calibration, runtime or its libraries, so there is no way to extract the STeamVR calibration data and somehow “import” it into the SDK.

Unfortunately, doing a room-setup in PiTool is quite important, not only for VR Exp, but also to run Oculus games with the OVRLauncher (native mode without SteamVR).

2 Likes

I mean, is PE able to change the room orientation of PiTools?

The orientation has nothing to do with the boundaries, I often change the orientation of SteamVR (via OpenVR Advanced Settings) depending on whether I use a seated racing game or a standing room scale game.

If you can change the PiTools room orientation from PE, that would fix the problem.

2 Likes