Right hand panel not switching on

Hello

I have Pimax 5K Plus srl 2036, on PiTool #260 and Firmware #264. Every time when I want to use the HMD I have to go through a routine of headset hardware/software reboot combined with switching the HMD off by the power button. The right hand panel just refuses to activate/switch on, it’s always the right that fails, the left starts perfectly every time. After many cycles of this routine, I normally manage to get the panel to activate and I can use the HMD.

Does anyone have experience of this. I have submitted a Support Ticket today as the HMD is frankly becoming a PITA.

Thanks for your attention.

EDIT: @PimaxQuorra

1 Like

Have the same experience with my 5k+ 203. More Information about that would be good.

3 Likes

I have had that happen a few times too on my 203600*.

• If You’re using an extension cable (DP) try without it.
  • Try reseating the cable at the headset end.
  • Try a different DP port on Your graphics card if possible.
3 Likes

Hello Euan,

Could you please share us the ticket number? And did any of our support member response on it?

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

1 Like

The Pimax Service Team sent me P2_D264.dfu which I flashed as instructed. The HMD is now totally useless as I cannot get the right hand panel to switch on albeit after repeated attempts. I don’t use an extension cable, I did try the second DP port on my 2080Ti and I cannot budge the cable plug into the headset at all. I have tried all combinations of reboot/restart and firmware flash. I suspect now that the panel itself has failed.

#3375 is the Support Ticket Number

Hello Euan,

We forwarded to the technician, and he will contact with you shortly, and assist you to resolve the problem.

If there’s no response from him, please let us know.

Sincerely,
Quorra.Pimax

Thank you for your assistance. The technician has replied asking me to supply a video or still image of the situation. I don’t wish to sound facetious but the right panel not switching on when the left one does hardly requires a visual explanation. There is no stuttering or flashing of the panel, it simply is not showing the Pimax logo, not showing the SteamVR home room and not showing my flight simulator. Quite simply the right panel stays black and does not do anything constructive. If you could pass that on I would be very appreciative.

Thank you for your consideration.

I hope you have still garanty. My screens are totally black and the only thing the support gave me was firmware for flashing…without solving the problem

Well, after supplying a photo of the problem showing one of the panels unlit and the other on, I got the reply that I was out of warranty period, which is 1 year, despite the fact that I had advised of the issue within the period. I am waiting to hear back from them but if I am excluded from a warranty claim because of this I shall view it very dimly. Surely, a claim is dated from the date of the issue being filed.

2 Likes

Thats typical Pimax!! There are many similiar cases where screens stay black and they do NOTHING. So I warned people here to buy the new 8K-X for over 1000 Dollaers with only 1 year warranty. That’s hillarious. Only hope ist that Mr. Henderson announced a repair support in all over the world so that you dont have to send it everytime to damn China.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.