Reverb G2 YouTube footage

Both.
Yes, his demo device also switches off after 5 minutes. Didn’t he mention that in the English videos? xD
In German he reported that a firmware update will fix it.

With the G1 it happened due to overheating. Bright displays just get warm.

1 Like

Oh miss that one, are you saying that He did all those videos with a 5 minutes headset, Tyriel also? will recheck this thanks…

Don’t panic, the later G1 was ok. … had only the connector problem

Clever editing the difference is unbelievable.

From this video, my 8k+ have a very similar image as the G1…
g1

Guess who’s who?

The 8k+ is so underrated.

A friend owning a 8kX told me a few days ago “I just tried the upscale mode and I understand now why you keep saying the 8k+ is good.”

3 Likes

It just proves that these screens are more for clicks than actually a way to measure things.

2 Likes

they really stepped up their quality since 2015. im still using my hp envy 360 laptop since i got it no issues.

Now to follow this up with some non-sponsored impressions :slight_smile:

HP Reverb G2 First Impressions

2 Likes

And this one,a very honest one…

2 Likes

Nah, I never take him too seriously. LIke in this video he’s talking about 78 degrees horizontal (it’s 98). He should at least mention that there’s actually 98 degrees but that, depending on your head shape you might not see them all and you’d need to mod it. But he just launched ROV tool, measured 78 degrees and now goes telling everybody that the Valve index has a ‘much bigger FoV’, while it’s actually only 10% bigger. That’s just bad, even for an ‘initial impressions’, it’s misinformation.

2 Likes

Small IPD, small FoV…

Nah any serious reviewer would at least have launched Risa’s tool, then thought ‘hmm why am I only seeing 78 while it renders 98’ and then should have thought ‘what if I remove the foam’… But he didn’t get all that. And this is not the first time. That’s why I don’t take this guy too seriously.

I mean sure you can criticize for HP not having implemented an eye relief, like the index has. This headset really needed that. But now if someone would only see this vid he’d actually believe there’s only 78 degrees horizontally

it’s not a review, it’s his first impressions. He knows the technical data. Risa Tools and personally visible FOV are two different things. He has an IPD of 59, so the lenses are already 12mm closer than max. consequently its visible FOV can only be 98-12 = 86 mathematically.(ok, degree are not mm, But the principle is the same) if we take a little more angle replacement with the lens, it is already at 80.

He is not the only who say, the FOV is small. Also, some People say, the Sharp Area are only 30%. Its a Individual thing.

Here, an other Not so happy owner…

You are confusing things. IPD does not determine FoV as long as there is a hardware slider.

Yes other people say it is small. And it might be depending on your frame of reference. But he is just spreading misinformation here

narrower ipd, smaller mask. It is determined by the design of the reverb.

Flat Panel Design.

Not sure what you are talking about. But imagine two cameras looking into the lenses and then move the left side 10 meter to the left (camera and lens). It will still register exactly the same

If the camera on the same hight, yes, but eyes are not caneras

Have u tried the O+? It is the same, lower ipd setting, smaller view.

Actually they function exactly the same.

That makes no sense as explained above. The only time FoV would be impacted when there’s no hardware slider and the position of the camera/eye changes relatively to the lens. But with smaller IPD this should actually INCREASE the FoV, since you’re now looking more outside (at the cost of losing binocular overlap)

@Djonko my English is not good enough to submit all details. But here is a small Video with some things about IPD/FOV.
It is not Perfect, but some Infos.

I like Voodoo‘s (german) videos and watch them regularly, but often I do not agree when it comes to technical aspects.