[Resolved]Place your helmet in the visible position of the base station

I am having lots of trouble getting the PImax 5K+ to connect the the base station of the vive.

Somethings it works and somtimes its hard to get them to work together. Lots of restarts and what not.

In Pitools, the base station shows as blue so it is detected but under it, you can read “Not Tracked”

Is this normal?

1 Like

That has been my experience as well. I thought I figured out a working sequence, but even that doesn’t work every time.

1 Like

Same here… just a light blue screen.

1 Like

Have you explored the troubleshooting wiki?

Light blue screen? In your hmd? I’ve never had any issues with the display. I forgot to mention that when I have got a ‘headset not tracked’ message, I have ‘fixed’ this by picking up the Pimax and rotating it for a couple seconds.

1 Like

Seems like its about Pitool services and deleting some files.

Have you explored this wiki?

https://community.openmr.ai/t/table-of-contents-wiki/10851?u=heliosurge

1 Like

Thanks Heliosurge, will go through it.

1 Like

There are more helpful links for a variety of thinks in the 5k 8k directory in the Banner topic.

Best resolve for me so far is to unplug the headset when done with it. Then start pitool before plugging it back in.

2 Likes

My between use cable stance.

1 Like

Thanks VR247, Seems like the method of “holding the headset in your hands and spinning it around for a few seconds” that @g-coded kindly shared earlier is the best way I found till now to actually get the headset to link with the base station.

2 Likes

Glad that worked for you. I feel like I’m telling PiTool “What do you mean you can’t see it, it’s right here” :grin:

what works for me is hiding the sensors of the pimax with my hands and after moving hands away its tracked lol.

only works more than 1m away tho, too close and it doesnt work at all

2 Likes

Wow!!!, Thank You!!! I broke my head trying to track properly.

1 Like

yes, I have 1 base station and it connects using this method within 15 seconds every time.

1 Like