(Resolved) Can't replace the broken hinges, 8kX is useless like this

My 8kX has been gathering dust ever since I got the replacement hinges from Pimax, since I didn’t have the right tools to replace them. This week I finally decided to get the tools because I really wanted to play some VR. I ordered both PH00 and PH000 screwdrivers.

They arrived today, but these hinge screws are so tight, I still can’t open them. In addition, the screw heads are becoming more rounded (wider) with each try.

EDIT: Fixed!

1 Like
1 Like

It’s been a while since I changed my hinges but what screw are you talking about? You shouldn’t need any tools to change the hinges from what I remember. You only need to twist the blue knob that is on the inside face of the strap. You shouldn’t be using a screwdriver for anything.

2 Likes

Hello,

Could you share the broken hinges photo to us?
The hinge can be replace by twisting the knob on the side.

Sincerely.

IIRC the first lot of 8KXs had an additional metal screw implemented, akin to the HTX Vive headband screws.

Thanks, apparently I’m an idiot. I was able to remove them thanks to your suggestion about the knobs.

1 Like

An alternative would be to remove the ComfortKit, then the hinges can be removed without removing the screws.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.