Resident evil 8 and 7 vr mod from praydog(what a blast),my pimax settings.What are your best settings?

Hello i am playing the amazing praydogs resident evil vr mods.
I am glad we have the 60hz option on the pimax i need that with resident evil 8 and 7.

For resident evil i need to put the steam vr sampling on 80% and set the pimax on 60 hz.
i use normal field off view.For resident evil 7 i can set the steam vr sampling on 100%

Its a pitty that the game is shimmery,but what a blast it is…
What are your settings?

Has anyone gotten this working with the pimaxxr? GitHub - mbucchia/Pimax-OpenXR: PimaxXR: an unofficial OpenXR runtime for Pimax headsets.

Game crashes on start for me, have gone back to steamvr.

also: 4090 eats this game up can hit native resolutions ultra everything at normal FOV , 3090 I had to play small fov with FSR upscaling with low-medium graphics/lighting/effects

1 Like

what cpu do u use with the rtx4090?

I’m on an i5 8600k which does bottleneck me on a lot of games to 75hz, re7 also. After xmas I’ll spend the next 1000 euros to get that last 15fps :skull:

1 Like

I’ve now also installed RE7 and plan to play it. For what are the FOV options in the ingame menu and which options should be choosed with a normal or large FOV? I do not realy see a difference, when changing them, but I have slight feeling of “warping”, when I turn my head. As if the picture given to the headset is slightly smaler as the FOV in the headset.
I’m also seeing a “veil” of black pixels, when I’m ingame, that is over the fauna, ground and the car. Is that normal or can it be fixed in any way?

@john2910 @sethw .

How Do you ever get it to work. Mine crashes as well.
How do you get it fired up.
I have the pimax crystal with a 3900XT 4080 gpu. so should not be a problem. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Hello there,

i cant test the pimax crystal i dont have that at the moment,but on the pimax 8kx its was running good with my settings posted above…

1 Like

@john2910 Thank s for the reply. PLease tell me the steps you did to get it up and running and did you use Steam or opencomposite. I feel like im missing something.

Hello there i did use steam vr,and did use the settings i posted.

But i cant remember exact and i cant test it anymore because i dont have a pimax anymore at the moment because off some problems :frowning_face: i had to sell them…Otherwise i would have helped you,sorry

1 Like

No Worries. Thank you

1 Like