Reports from Crystal's first 15 users

what are the large white vertical stripes in the picture?

Different frequencies of camera and screen are responsible for this.

is the beta tester report of 4300x5100 1.0 in pitool and 100% steamvr render resolution true?because thats insane for a distortion profile,that essentially means that it will perform about 60% worse than varjo aero to achieve 35 PPD.

Any news about shipping test units?

1 Like

Will also sharper than Aero :wink:

1 Like

i hope so.

1 Like

Buuuuuuttt……we have to wait while he shows it to his patrons first.

1 Like

Tomorrow we will know :slight_smile:

1 Like

First thing I want to know. Is that front sticker still prototype?

No NDA? ……

1 Like

Detailed Power Supply Methods…

1 Like

Clark Griswold Christmas Lights GIFs | Tenor

1 Like

Do we now know, given “tomorrow” is now yesterday?

Crystal shipping affaire is probably the most ridiculous case in VR world ever.

1 Like

I’ve been waiting for my 6 deliveries from various manufacturers in China for months. A look at world events opens many people’s eyes. Even within Europe, 3 deliveries have been hanging around somewhere since January. From Lituania since Decembre.

1 Like

MSFS 2020 through lens pics from tester(wenzp),Flying through the clouds above Tokyo

5 Likes

When will they ship the crystall to Europe ?
End of March ?

1 Like

I think it was End of Dec, Just after CES, End of January, Middle of Feb, End of March.
Kinda like place yer bets :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If you are going to be cheeky about it, don‘t forget that it was supposed to be roughly four weeks after the deliveries to mainland China, which were said to be happening two weeks after the official launch of the Crystal headset. As that happened on 30 September, Europe should have seen the first regular deliveries in mid November 2022.

Just imagine my huge surprise that this didn‘t happen as announced :roll_eyes:

I guess some of the faithfuls in here could start already planning the one year anniversary party of the Crystal launch, and invite some Pimax officials to give updated estimates of initial delivery dates to Europe as the main event of the party? :laughing:

But who knows, perhaps some of the users who noticed the announcement really held back on purchasing the Aero. So Pimax might have achieved what the main purpose of this announcement was all along? I mean, looking at how far they missed the release which allegedly was 2 or 6 weeks, respectively, away from the date of making the announcement, it is difficult to consider this just a mere poor planning and internal miscommunication event. Surely not when we also recall that the 12K announcement with the trade-in program seemed targeted at snatching away Aero customers too, at least to some degree.

I don‘t think this is all only directed at Varjo, but the timing of their premature announcements does seem linked to that aspect imho.

That can also backfire when you shown the competition what youre working on so far ahead of time then have a delayed launch. How long before Varjo announce the Aero 2 and do exactly to Pimax what Pimax did to them?

Lets face it, Crystal is only just catching up with Aeros 2880x2880 res which was launched in 2021.

1 Like