[Replied]Shimmering white pixels

Hi guys here is backer 19xx. I received my Pimax 5k+ 2 days ago and after solving some tracking problems i noticed the many sparkling white pixels. Also, the screens are black for a short time. I have already removed the cable from the HMD and reconnected it. Unfortunately this did not solve the problem. Furthermore I tried different USB ports. Does anyone have any idea what else I could try?
I have written a mail to the Pimax support unfortunately so far without answer.

Edit: to not only write bad things here: I love my Pimax. Especially with IL2 the difference to Rift is really impressive. Only the Vive controllers are rubbish against the touch controllers of the Rift.

1 Like

It’s most likely a bad cable. There’s one last thing you can try: Shield the small connector box on the Pimax cable (where the power plug is inserted). Wrap it with a layer of aluminum foil. One user reported that this fixed his problem. (I still recommend getting a replacement cable from Pimax.)

1 Like

Ok, thanks vor your answer. I will try it out

2 Likes

Had same issue with my headset, tried another cable and no more sparkling pixels or black screens, recommend you to open a ticket , you should make a video through the lens for support to confirm your issue and send you replacement cable.

2 Likes

I noticed that after a restart these white pixels are no longer visible. Only after I tried some games did they reappear. Very strange

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply,Doman will reply and solve your issue ASAP.
@Doman.Chen Here to help please

1 Like

Please create a ticket from support: https://pimaxvr.com/pages/feedback

1 Like

How long since you open the ticket and got the cable?
I´ve opened a ticket and sent the video
I realized I made you the same question in other topic :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i could actually borrow a cable from someone here in London so have no idea how long it will take.
ticket opened a week ago.

1 Like

I cannot create a ticket, because it is not possible to signup an account

1 Like

Keep an eye out there are some recent posts with a link to message allan’s email.

Has the support site been fixed? Several users are still reporring issues with it.

I’m gonna try again tonight. Maybe it’s not a big problem

1 Like

It seems as if after some time these shimmering white pixels appear. Unfortunately I can’t create a ticket. @Doman.Chen @anon74848233, @Pimax-Support What should I do next?

1 Like

Please send your message to Alan.sun@pimaxvr.com

2 Likes

Ok thanks. I’ve written a message to alan. This is not a bad problem for me at the moment because I only notice it in dark games but if there is a solution it would be great. It’s mainly annoying in Skyrim in a dark cave

1 Like

I tried to write a mail to Alan.sun@pimaxvr.com. Unfortunately the address was not found.So I’ve written him a PM

1 Like

The problem is a defective cable. The Pimax support will send me a new cable.
As an engineer I can understand that the new technology still has some problems. The support helped me quickly (as far as possible with the time difference) and without any problems.
Good Headset + Good Support

1 Like

ich habe heute mein neues kabel angeschlossen…Fehler nicht behoben, im gegenteil,
ein weiterer fehler ist dazugekommen durch das neue kabel…Audiofehler…knistern im
kopfhörer auf beiden seiten…super pimax kriegts einfach nicht gebacken…

Oh man, das tut mir leid. Ich hoffe Pimax testet die Kabel bevor sie sie verschicken

1 Like