[Replied]Received 5k+ - No image no backlight status LED solid RED

All,

I received my Pimax 5k+ and I don’t have any image or backlight and the status LED stays RED.

Below I give you the message I sent to Pimax support but in the meantime, is there any way to use the Pimax 5k+ as a normal PC screen so I could test the screen independently of any other things?

Thanks for any help

Message to Pimax:

I received my Pimax 5k+ and the screens inside it don’t turn on (at least no backlight).

I installed Pitool 1.0.1.109_R193.
Pitool updated my headset with firmware 2.1.255.193.

I use HTC vive controllers and base stations (original vive from preorder in 2016).

The whole setup (on the PC screen) was flawless, I connected the vive controllers to the Pimax, the tracking of the headset using the base stations works fine.

No matter what I do, I don’t have any image in the Pimax and the LED close to the power button on the Pimax stays solid red all the time.

Everything besides the image works just fine, I can even start a game in steamVR and move the Pimax to see that the head tracking works fine (on the PC screen).

I updated the drivers of my NVIDIA 2080 and tried to plug the Pimax on every displayport (all of them works fine with any other devices).

I updated the bios of my motherboard and the USB drivers, I tried on a USB 3.0 port and on a USB 3.1 port even though USB seems to be working just fine.

1 Like

I just replied to you on your ticket (SUPEN-2791), please check.

I have the similar issue.
One day I plug in the unit the system won’t recognize the headset and a “USB unrecognized device” message will show up.
I fixed it by plug it in the USB2 port instead of USB3, after some tries the headset works, then I run the latest PiTool 111, which updates my headset’s firmware. Now it works better, but still this issue will happen from time to time.