[Replied]O no my pimax 5kplus cracked!

58xx, headset cracked. Guess they didn’t solve the problem… What a shame.

2 Likes

Right I FINALLY received an update on my replacement for my cracked hmd ticket which i filed 39 days ago.

"Dear Backer,

We have received the request of replacement headset from you, and sorry for your inconvenience. We will ship the new replacement headset for you.

Now we have backup enough headsets stock in HK warehouse. But before shipment, we would like need your great support to return us the issue headset first. Once we received and confirm it, the shipment will be done asap from our HongKong warehouse.

We could reimbursement the cost of delivery by yr Paypal account(please help control the cost is under US50$), and please also help provide us the soft copy of delivery invoice.

Below is our receiving address of Shanghai office:"

So you want my hmd back first before you will send. Ok.
You also want me to pay & arrange delivery myself & you will pay me back.
Hmmm…

By the way my whole customer experience has been handled so far, I have Jack shit trust that i will get my money back in any fast way.
Then you are saying only on comfirmation of receipt of my hmd you will send me a replacement asap from Hong Kong warehouse.

Fucking awesome customer service there pimax.
Youre not even going to offer me a replacement from a local warehouse.
I’m not happy.

If this is the “special customer service only for backers”
I feel sorry for any poor preorder customers who have a defective hmd.

@Sean.Huang @Matthew.Xu @Doman.Chen @Pimax-Support @anon74848233

Nice work guys

6 Likes

I think they might have confused your location. Try reminding them your in the UK & request if you can send & received replacement from there as shipping is likely to be quicker & cheaper.

2 Likes

What a mess,

I am also still waiting on my replacement…
And no were not gonne send it back first…

Hold on to your policy pimax!!
Its a total chaos at the moment at your company…

No replys from the support,changing your policy,no info on the 8k etc…

I dont recomend people to buy at the moment any stuff att your company…

This is what i get as a reply from my email,

HI, Very good suggestion just as we hope for backers.
We will try our best toward this objective.
But not this time, we need more time to find and evaluate the better solution with vendor for you.
Tks for your undstanding

Sorry pimax,unbelievable this!

2 Likes

@Heliosurge will suggest that but I think they are aware of my location.
My post wasnt showing up here for me even after reloading the forum but it is now it has a reply

1 Like

Hopefully they will consider the credit card hold as @Frenchmeister suggested. Otherwise you might be in a stalemate.

If others had honored the original deal we wouldn’t have this situation. Truth they should have had something like the credit card hold in the first place.

i think pimax lies about the whole situation.

Its not the first time now…

Why are people still defending pimax? I dont get it…
There are people working on some youtube videos about the whole situation about changing those policys.

Its not good for the company,But its their own fault and not ours

Well we have seen proof of backers having the replacement & still having the defective unit(s) for weeks after.

So hopefully those who report on youtube use these facts in the exchange offer as to why it was changed & site that pimax was slow to post why it changed.

Agreed the credit card hold or similar idea should have been in place to help ensure compliance. But we all know pimax is often overzealous even with thinking folks would all be honorable.

1 Like

It’d be nice to get an update on this. I am not going to send mine back first.

Not to mention now I can’t even log into the support page and attempting to recover my password simply tells me they don’t have an account with that email.

Get your shit together.
Supen-1059 @anon74848233

1 Like

Well if you don’t work with them. Then in chess this is a stalemate. Guess you will need to wait until local support centers are built. :v::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

Good news your located in the :us: maybe by summer you can get an exchange.

Sorry for the late reply,i will send the progress via private message after checking your replacement status.

It’s not simply send headset back,we have services in this procedure.

1 Like

@Sean.Huang @Doman.Chen

Could you follow this issue and reply @Mistafreeze ASAP?

1 Like

I’m going directly to the office and pick out the good pimax unit. I wonder how long the pimax 8k will be supported. Any 4k guys here?

1 Like

As long as the 5k+. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

I still have my P4K and still use it. It a workhorse :muscle:

4 Likes

Just looked at my latest headset and that’s cracked too!

No point me asking for a replacement for a while, this is clearly not a solved problem and has nothing to do with early batches.

7 Likes

They mustn’t have a proper tolerances set to prevent this. Mine are still good. So quite Baffling.

It might be though that they have more than 1 mold line & are not coupling the right mold lines together to ensure proper fits.

1 Like

Unbelievable.they still didnt get that fixed?

They will get a alot of people who preordered it returning there units…
This way they dont gonne survive their business…

They will need to change the cases and also the cheap cables…

I was laughing when someone asked if my new one is OK, so took a quick look anyway and couldn’t believe that is also cracked, especially since the plastic appears to be different so gave me false confidence they had sorted it.

I’ll put a ticket in anyway to report at least, so they have notice of when I’ve reported the issue.

My concern (along with others) is the obvious issue of a replacement having the black dot issue again, not taking that chance until I know its unlikely to happen… At the moment we are being told its variation in the screens rather than they fixed it, it creates this stupid situation…

8 Likes

Especially since they can’t seem to stick with that it’s not a replacement or not.

1 Like