[Replied]Issues with Oculus games - FEV/2019

So friends,

Finished Hellblade, man what a trip it was. Played for 5 hours straight and felt like 1 hour only. The bosses are incredible and it run amazing. Unforgettable last boss. AMAZING !

So next in my list is Lone Echo.

The game is working just fine, but somehow i CAN’T use the grip buttons. What i’ve tried so far:

• Installed latest revive - Didn’t make a difference (mostly because i believe the injector Pimax uses is form their app folder, totally independent of Revive)
  • Installed advanced Settings and tried to edit the config buttons there - Didn’t make a difference
  • Tried to inject LoneEcho.exe with installed revive version - Don’t show the image on the HMD

Does anyone here knows in which version of Pitool Lone Echo played fine ? Because we could copy ONLY the “plugin” folder (C:\Program Files\Pimax\Plugin\OCSupport) and use to that specific game.

I believe either @SweViver , @mixedrealityTV or even @VoodooDE could tell this for sure or upload the plugin folder.

I also believe this applies to all games that so far appears to have become broken, like:

• RoboRecall - Doesn’t start
  • Lucky’s Tale - Above or bellow the ground (mine is bellow, recentering don’t make a difference)
  • Edge of nowhere - Extreme pixelated, like i am running pitool at -0.5x (maybe hardcoded resolution?)
  • Chronos - Low resolution (but better than Edge of nowhere)

Thanks and GO PLAY HELLBLADE RIGHT NOW. WHAT A MASTER PIECE.

3 Likes

:+1:

SweViver has it running here, I am too lazy to find out the PiTool version though.

2 Likes

Hmm.

He was running at Pitool .74.

I will compare the internal injector versions and try.

Later, i will post a summary.

2 Likes

And yes, i’m back with my report:

Installed pitool .74 and here what happened:

• Lucky’s Tale - Working flawlessly
  • Robotrecall - Still hanging at the startup
  • Lone echo - Working very good, but still can’t pass the grip button part

Gone back to .103 and:

• Lucky’s Tale - Wrong camera height, other than that working just fine
  • Robotrecall - Still hanging at the startup
  • Lone echo - Working very good, but still can’t pass the grip button part

So it really is something in the Pitool “emulator”. I hope it gets fixed.

3 Likes

The recent SteamVR version could be causing the problem.

https://community.openmr.ai/t/oculus-game-starts-with-screen-too-high-in-the-hmds-view-dirt-rally/14715/9

2 Likes

@Douglaster

Tks for your feedback, we will check it.

5 Likes

I don´t believe this is the case, mainly because you run the game directly from Pitool.

• Lucky´s Tale working just fine without Lighthouse tracking.

Just recenter and play.

1 Like

Can I ask what setting you uses to play hellblade and how did it look/perform? Cheers

Sure

Pi tool on 1.0 - normal fov - anything above this will make the game bugged and the quality increase isn’t noticable
Brain warp at 64fps

Parallels projections on

In game quality on medium and it’s internal super sampling at 100

With this I played from start to finish without issues.

Very good game

3 Likes