[Replied]Flicking white dots 5K

My support ticket number is SUPEN-775

1 Like

Same issue here. just got it [Pimax 5k+] today and tested, flickering whites… how do I fix it… sigh.
My ticket number is SUPEN-1115 @Sean.Huang @anon74848233 add me to @EarlyBackers

2 Likes

Which headset did you receive? Added pokes to your post.

Pimax 5k+. I think dev’s working on it so should play other games until it finished.

1 Like

my solotion on the shielding problem of the linkbox seems incorrect
i notice when i light bend the cables on the linkbox the jitter change
so it haft to just a bad linkbox insted.

1 Like

My video evidence, support ticket on going.

2 Likes

Get my Pimax 5k+ and tested, i have Black dead Pixel in the field of view. Please help…

My ticket number is SUPEN-1128 @Sean.Huang @anon74848233 add me to @EarlyBackers

3 Likes

I have exact the same issue with the dots and other issues like black dots and on the left lense it
shine from the upper und lower edge bright light. I reported that to the support and my new glasses are already on the way.

3 Likes

I had random flashing pixels (can’t swear on colour) but it seemed related to pushing IQ to far. Maybe it is bandwidth related?

1 Like

Which headset did you receive & date plz.

@anon74848233 @doman.chen picture posted.

My ticket number is SUPEN-1128

2 Likes

Wanted to chime in and let you know that I’m convinced both of you have the same issue as I have with my 8K: which is a defective cable. Since I had an 5K+, I was able to check with another cable and it worked flawlessly - so it’s 100% cable issue.
See here:
https://community.openmr.ai/t/replied-pixel-noise-an-flashing-in-new-8k/12556

5 Likes

That’s good to know. @Matthew.Xu, @Pimax-Support, @Sean.Huang I want to make sure you’re aware of this issue (random snow on screens) and solution (replace defective cable).

5 Likes

Hey all, log a ticket with the team. They’ve been in touch with me and have a new HMD being shipped to me. Will let you know if it fixes it. Just make sure you log a ticket

2 Likes

First headset, not found this issue. Just get new replacement and found this issue. Will try to swap the cable.

1 Like

Here we have the same problem. Two Pimax 8K.
Mine and one of my friend.

Now we are five persons in this thread with the same problem.

Is not all the time. Is only when it want. We tried everything.

It appears that is not problem from panel, because the problem appears in both Pimax 8K and 5K+.

I don’t know if it can be a hardware issue… but it’s strange that we both friends have the problem and talked about that. It’s notorious. It was the first think we talk when we talked about our test.

It’s possible that a different issue could cause the same symptom. It’s not so strange. Pimax could have received a batch of semi-defective cables. It might not have been noticed by QA, since QA is focused on headsets and might not be thoroughly testing the cables.

3 Likes

Yes. We received the HMD at the same time. Now I have another problem. In the border of the lens I have a blue line. Very bright. Anyone knows something about this kind of issue?

1 Like

Blue vertical or horizontal line? Sounds like a possible pixel driver issue. If this is the case(verify with support) that would be a defective panel.