[Replied]Flashing Dots, faulty cable?**CONFIRMED**

Have the same problem. How can i write a Ticket. Is it under Support/ Technical Support?

I really dont understand why so many faulty cables are making their way to backers.
Arent they being tested for voltage & bandwidth before they even get attached to a headset?
Then the whole headset & cable are meant to be thouroughly qa tested by pimax before they ship.

1 Like

My issue solved by change cable.

@anon74848233 I see in video that your worker always use the same cable to check the headset, do you already has the last test process of final product condition?

3 Likes

Can you self remove the cables on pimax HMD’s?

Yes, pull the head of the cable and wiggle it out. It takes quite a lot of force and wiggling but it does come out. There’s a short video clip of someone doing it on here but can’t remember exactly where unfortunately.

1 Like

The plug is actually about 3-4cm long, not just into the back of the hmd, it slides right through the hmd.
You need quite a lot of steady even force right up near the end of the cable, not yanking on it, and heaps and heaps of wriggling side to side.
When it goes back in there is quite a positive click as it finally seats back in.

1 Like

So cable can be taken out and replaced with a custom cable then? With a little patience

1 Like

Yes but you can get the cable only from Pimax. It’s proprietary cable.

4 Likes

Which headset did you receive?

I received the 5K+ headset

1 Like

can man connect the pimax 5k + already to the usb-c of the 2080 ti?

Technically you could, if you have a fan-out spliter from VirtualLink to Type-A USB female and DP port female connectors. You will probably need to keep the original power supply though.

2 Likes

Thank you:sunglasses:

2 Likes

@risa2000
Would something like this work?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Amkle-9-in-1-USB3-1-Hub-Multifunction-USB-C-Hub-with-Type-C-4K-Video/32852353074.html

2 Likes

No. It would have to be specifically manufactured for VirtualLink. What you posted is a “standard” USB hub, which uses USB-C from the PC as an “uplink” and can make use of USB-C alternate modes (i.e. transporting HDMI or DP over USB-C connector). But those alternate modes only work at the cost of the bandwidth, because “standard” USB-C connector only has 4 high-speed lanes (twisted pairs) which can be then assigned to DP, HDMI, or USB, while VirtualLink has 6 high-speed lanes, which is a difference on the hardware level, and therefore the corresponding interfaces on each side must be wired for this configuration.

3 Likes

Ok, thanks for the info. By the way @VoodooDE just posted a video about such an adapter, but it seemed to be with an HDMI connection, not DP, if I’m not mistaken.
Didn’t really watch because the video is in German.

Maybe he can confirm.

1 Like

Hi,
the adapter I showed in the video is not working with Pimax, its only for Vive and Rift or Windows Mixed Reality.
Please remember that I also have an english channel, the same video with this adapter will be available on my english channel always 6 hours after my German version (Because of different time zones in the US):

4 Likes

I have the same issue (sparkling dots because of badly shielded cable).

I could alleviate the issue by wrapping the link box in aluminium foil (the part of the cable where the power adapter connects).
At least this way I can play while support figures things out :wink:

Maybe it’s worth a shot for you guys as well.

-edit- Like this:

4 Likes

Which headset & backer or pre order?

The link box has a dp port? Thought it only had hdmi unless you had a cable for it?