[Replied]Dear Pimax , where are the UK backers headsets?

there’s no way its going to post feb

your pimax here
pimax speedy delivery company

5 Likes

Jean Mehdi live link

image https://i.imgur.com/XVs9Wdg.gif

6 Likes

I think there are a lot of first timers with this Kickstarter, tech projects more than any other are big gambles. Many folks think their backing entitles them to anything, it really does not, just look at all the people who lost out with the Skully project. Those not managing their expectations when putting money in the hands of a start-up company are just setting themselves up for an emotional rollercoaster.

Demanding types who shit the bed and kick and scream publicly on the forums are painful to watch for the more calmly tempered individuals. I steer clear of daytime reality television for the same reasons.

Regardless of whether you wait a week or a month at this point the experience still has time before it matures to being a presentable product with supporting software still in development. I suspect we will be waiting until eye tracking being released and the potential for variable lens distortion profiles for the get the full experience. It will happen, just a matter of when.

3 Likes

the current speedy shippment path

`

This has nothing to do with Kickstarter first timers but simply with the fact that they are not telling us the truth.

I have said it multiple times if they are honest and come up with a reasonable explanation why there might be delays no one would have had a problem with it. But they pretend everything is alright and if they do so they will be measured by that.

Since there is a sufficient supply of the 5K Plus headsets, if any 8K backers choose to switch to 5K Plus, we can ship it immediately

This post by Matthew is already 2 weeks old and to date i have not even received my tracking number.

Only one of the many examples.

5 Likes

Yeah, internal communication in their office is a mess and their plans change on short notice. They don’t have much to gain from deceiving you, they are making mistakes, they are novices. But they do go to great lengths to fix recognised faults. I too am in the 1xxx UK waiting list, but can appreciate trouble they are going to to resolve DOA’s. You can expect the same swift resolution to any issues you yourself may have when you get yours.

I have never heard of a company issuing replacements before receiving back defective units. Great for the consumer, a real shit show for PIMAX.

1 Like

Ok just arrived, where now ???:laughing::rocket::full_moon_with_face:

Ps : sry for being late but crazy traffic in London

2 Likes

Cmon it’s Friday :smile::sunglasses:

3 Likes

image https://community.openmr.ai/uploads/default/original/2X/7/712cda16ee1b105d0b57d327fed95c619f4c1708.png

My god you found it alright.

4 Likes

‘My god It’s full of stars.’ No that’s the dead pixels.

3 Likes

All good points. A clear reminder to me to stay away from kickstarter in the future.

Pimax was first and last, only backed as pimax had already delivered the 4k and so sick of low fov and sde.

Considering the risk/discount for backers the delay is negligible and its great news stock is imminent.

4 Likes

Can’t stand those guys either.

1 Like

you know where it is

6 Likes

I wish you all find RNG in your favour when you eventually remove it from it’s box. I am willing to clean out dust and dirt from behind the lens, as long as the pixels are all lit that will make my day. It’s DPD handling a scary thought.

4 Likes

Will there be any info/update today? Im curious

2 Likes

Hi I’ve just emailed as requested.
Backer 3652 in Australia.
Cheers
JB

1 Like

:laughing: You found my old picture. I still use it as my desktop wallpaper and I’m not going to replace it until my 8K finally arrives.

3 Likes

I don’t see a shovel.

2 Likes

1-you didn’t tell me to bring one .
and
2- did you try to use a shovel with one of those ? :joy:

1 Like