[Replied]Audio jack not working on left side - SUPEN-2004

Description
I received my preordered Pimax 5k plus today and there is a problem with the audio jack, I plugged in headphones and I didn’t get sound from the left side, I tried different headphones and the same thing is occurring.

Can the new US Head of Operations and Company Spokesperson, Kevin Henderson, assist with these issues, I have not even received a response, the ticket has not been updated, No change in status.

Does Pimax even look at this forum or the support tickets?

Order Number
P1628
Piplay Version
V1.0.1.95
Firmware Version
V2.1.255.183

1 Like

Same issue. As far as I know it’s not fixable so RMA and with the new RMA policy, prepare for a long wait to get your replacement for your faulty pimax :confused:

EDIT: added picture

We will reply to you on this ticket asap.
Please be patient.

1 Like

You could create a new ticket from support too.

1 Like

Hey, if you haven’t broken your sound port free then I have a quick fix for you.

Have a look at this picture. That is what the audio jack is like. What is happening is that some of the bent connectors at the bottom are bent too far and when people push in the jack they force it bending the end further down and then brack the socket free due to them trying to insert their headphone all they way. Yours is opposite, it’s not bent enough and not making contact. You can check this by very gentle putting some force on the headphone plug when plugged in to the left of the device. You should get sound in your left speaker. If that is your problem and as said before you haven’t broke the socket free, then just get the inside of a pen and use the back of it to slide down the inside of the shaft. The thing you trying to slightly bend a bit is on the right side of the socket. Slide the pen down until you hit and apply a little force. Then insert your headphones and see if you did it enough. Worked for me

3 Likes

Decapper,
Can you please elaborate on this, I know for a fact that I didn’t force my headphone jack in, but, exactly which part are you saying needs to be bent and explain how to bend it.

Not saying that anyone should do this as they may void their warranty but I’m very curious since I am still waiting for something from Pimax.

Note only needs bending if you don’t have contact on your left speaker. It seems rare so I wouldn’t worry about it. I’m just trying to save pimax and backer rma. If you headphone jack is stuffed no harm done as they would need to replace that part anyway

That is why I’m asking, My jack is not stuffed, I’m just not getting a signal from the left side, if I pull the jack almost completely out, I get sound on the left but not the right. I just cant get sound from both sides when the jack is completely plugged in. I’m just looking for help. Thanks.

If you have it pushed all the way in socket and you slightly pull the jack to the outside (left side)does your sound cut in?

Hi, so it is very inconsistent, I pushed the jack all the way in and was using the windows sound control panel since it plays a tone through each channel, first left and then right. when I do this without touching anything, it plays the right channel tone. when I slightly pulled the jack to the outside (left), sometimes it would play the left tone and then the right tone. But then sometimes it wouldn’t play either side, then I move it a little and it will again be able to play the right tone. It was very difficult to get the left to play, but again every once in a while it would play.

Sounds like you are just bringing the jack out of the socket and then you line the right channel in the socket with your left channel on your headphone jack. It goes like this on the headphone jack

https://goo.gl/images/2id7qt

What you can try is put a little solder on the tip part of your headphone jack just on the side of it. But this is really stuffing around a bit. If you do don’t force it in socket. I wouldn’t do it if you can’t get you head around how the socket and jack works

1 Like

This same issue I was facing for 2 3 month Audio jack not working on left side but in my case it is of right side. Have you got any solution? If you got the solution then please share few effective solutions to this problem.