[Replied]Audio Jack Issue and sparkles snowing cable Issue

Hi everyone,

I am backer 3328 and received headset 22/2. I have 2 issues, the audio jack and the snowing display

The display issue is the same as has been reported multiple times in other threads. Multi coloured sparkles over both screens. My support ticket includes a video I took through the lens. I have tried a different display port and tried reseating the cable 3 times

Can only hear out of one ear at a time. The audio jack favours the right ear/channel. If I twist it slowly/carefully sometimes it will swap to the left ear. I have tried multiple headphones earbuds and confirmed the headphones earbuds work fine on my phone but do not work find in the 5k+

I was not able to make a support ticket for over a week because “Signup is not currently available”. I did manage to create the account last night and opened 2 tickets:
SUPEN 2482 - faulty cable
SUPEN 2484 - faulty audio jack

I have barely used the device, I do not want to ruin the experience with these problems

SUP: @Alan.sun
Forum:@doman.chen
service and delivery: @Sean.Huang

1 Like

Got it,Alan will reply to you on this ticket asap.

1 Like

5k+ or 8k?

@anon74848233 please add to earlybackers.

5k+
Thanks guys. I’m glad I posted to forums as well

1 Like

Hi @Doman.Chen, I don’t suppose @Alan.sun might also please look at SUPEN-2484 as well? Can only get sound out of one ear

Audio jack not working on left side - SUPEN-2004
I have the exact same two issues with my 5k plus. I eventually got a response to my ticket, but I have not received any type of update to several inquiries. It would really help if Pimax just communicated with customers better. When reasonable people get told what to expect next, it makes them a whole lot more patient, but total silence does not help at all. Pimax needs to get better at updating customers. I was told that Pimax After-Sale would contact me, I have not received anything so far. Not a great experience at all.

Can any of you help:
US Head of Operations and Company Spokesperson, Kevin Henderson

Hi,Alan is replying to your ticket,please check later.

1 Like

Hi,Alan is replying to your ticket,please check later.

1 Like

Hi if you know of Kevin )@pimaxusa) than you know he is in the process of setting up the USA division.

As such please appreciate the volume the current support staff is not easy for the team to clear the backlog until the reinforcements are trained & in place to help.

Your patience & understanding in the meanwhile is appreciated. :beers::sunglasses::+1::sparkles:

1 Like

@Heliosurge, I’m already in a not so good mood, I have a no working device, nothing to be happy about. I got a response from Pimax, could you have maybe Not Commented At All???

My job has me doing technical support. Only patience and understanding from me =]

I am just giving a light nudge to ensure my second ticket doesn’t fall through a crack.

2 Likes

Agreed an automated message like:

“Thank you. Please stay on the line. Your call will be answered by the next available Customer Representative”

I know I hate those on the phone repeated endlessly.

Your not alone. But unfortunately until Kevin gets the US division up & running. It is what it is. I do appreciate & sympathize with your position. While I don’t too often show it; I am often frustrated.

I can assure you the team is also frustrated trying to get on top of things. Maybe an Automated weekly email like the message at the beginning of my post might be a good interm action. What do you think about a bot response?

1 Like

HMD is fine apart form audio plug and not being able to get both eye in focus.
Do I risk sending it back and having to wait for a replacement, I have this temporary fix for the time being.

1 Like

I got the replacement headset 2 days ago. Replacement cable also has sparkle snowing issue - SUPEN 2482

They told me to send the headset to Hong Kong and then they would send one of the many they had on hand in Hong Kong to me. I sent it to Hong Kong and they rerouted it to China and then sent me a replacement headset from China, not from Hong Kong. so a few weeks delay was added which I was not expecting

Good news the replacement headset did not have the audio jack issue. So now I think I have a good headset though I haven’t tested it much because I noticed the sparkles snowing cable issue. So 2 cables in a row with sparkles issue.

I have had good luck in the past in getting a response within a day to updates from me. This is quite commendable. I am not sure why that has changed though, perhaps Michael is just extra busy or on a much needed holiday. Hopefully this update to my old original thread will help

1 Like