[Replied]Another cracked housing. SUPEN-3411

Hi
My new Pimax 5k+ developed a crack/hole in the bottom corner of the front casing.
The headset was never abused, mishandled or dropped whatsoever. (seated flight sim use only)

Such a shame as i love the device, what can be done to help ?
Thanks

@anon74848233 @Pimax-Support @mozi

Yeah this is unfortunate & quite evident they need to look into the front housing design. Added mozi to your post.

1 Like

thank you kindly Heliosurge.
the bad news is that i’m not a backer, this device was pre-ordered last december, so it’s not an early unit and pre-ordered devices are also plagued with the defect it seems…

3 Likes

Yeah it seems with the front housing needs reinforcing.

The after sales team had replied to you on your ticket SUPEN-3411,please kindly check,thanks.

Hi, I did reply.
I declined the 100 dollars voucher, and requested a new device to be shipped provided the cracking issue is fixed.
I was then told a replacement would be sent to me, but that I have to be patient.

Are you waiting something more from me ?

No,just wait for the message from after sales team,thanks.

1 Like

same problem as you
memes probleme que toi

1 Like

Faulty headset made its way back to the UK Warehaouse, waiting for the new one to ship now…
@anon74848233 @Pimax-Support @mozi

1 Like

Who / What email is the sales team?

Hi, Michael has updated on the SUP.

today it’s been a month that i reported my Pimax’s cracking issues, and it’s been delivered to Pimax premises in the uk for 20 days.

Still no sign of an incoming replacement, all i get is that the matter is being “checked with logistics team”. Can someone at Pimax please inform me of what’s going on ?

thank you

@mozi @derekvvv

PS: if this keeps up much longer, i’m afraid i’ll be forced to request a full refund and go with a different headset, maybe from a more established brand :frowning:

1 Like

And thats exactly why nobody wants to send back their cracked headsets now…

6 Likes

yes, they can send me the front housing only, where mine and most others are cracking. There’s a tutorial in pics that shows that only 4 screws and a ribbon cable need to be removed in order to swap it out.

2 Likes

I just received my DPD tracking number.
Thanks to whoever acted in the background to get my device shipped to me.

Guys, there are a couple of stl models on thingiverse.com with a front plate of the pimax 5k, I´m wondering if they will interfere with the LH tracking ! Mind that I am still waiting for the delivery of my Pimax and don´t have vive LH to test otherwise I would.
pimaxxx
pimax

1 Like

They are made by Pimax… :wink:

https://community.openmr.ai/t/pimax-official-special-gift-for-backers-thanks-for-all-of-you-guys/14986

2 Likes

The Hexagon holes are where sensors are. I believe.

1 Like