[Replied]8k screen flashing white + red/green dots popping everywhere. See the video

Anyone have similar problem? Or any ideas how to solve this? I’ve contacted the Pimax support as well.

I see the picture crystal clear, but the screen keeps flashing white. Also there are red/green dots popping everywhere and the screen randomly goes black and shows weird stripes (see the end of the video).

The video of all this: Pimax 8k screen problem - YouTube

2 Likes

Some other backers are experiencing this same problem, doublecheck that the cable on the headset is all the way in.

Also upgrade your graphic drivers if you haven’t already. Maybe you can also try a different dp port.

3 Likes

def looks like poor signal input ,ah days before digital tv signal

4 Likes

Thanks for the suggestions. However none worked :frowning:

• Pushed all the cables all the way in
  • Tried 3 different DP ports
  • Graphic card (NVidia RTX 2080 TI) updated
  • Tried with another PC
2 Likes

If you can try the headset on another computer.

Can you post your system specs? Cpu/gpu MB & Psu?

Edit see you tried another computer.

1 Like

Thanks for trying to help! <3

My comp specs:
Intel Core i7-8700K CPU 3.70GHz
G.Skill RipjawsV DDR4 3200 MHz 16 Gt
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Power: Corsair RM750x, 80 PLUS Gold
Motherboard: Asus Z370 ROG STRIX Z370-H GAMING
Win 10

I have also now:

• Tried all USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
  • Tried using when unplugging monitor
  • Reinstalled PiPlay & PiTool. Also deleted their folder from …User/
  • Tried Pimax / Video modes
  • Tried lowering brightness
1 Like

With all you have tried. I would reccommend sending a support ticket via the link in the banner.

Post your support ticket number here with @anon74848233. one of the support team can maybe see about a setting up ateamviewer session to better see what is going on.

1 Like

My Support ticket number is 1. SUPEN-775. Ping @anon74848233

2 Likes

Which headset did you receive & what day thanks.

I got Pimax 8k, Model: P2.

I received it yesterday (Jan 3, 2019). Backer #926.

I noticed that Pimax had put their own phone number and email address as a “recipient”, which caused that transportation company couldn’t contact me to tell me that the package is ready to be picked up. Lucky I used the tracking number to check that the package had arrived before it was sent back to Pimax because recipient not picking up the package.

2 Likes

@Alan.sun Please check this topic

2 Likes

Lucky. Congrats have updated your title thanks!

1 Like

2 Likes

Dpd with one backer in Germany delivered it to his compost bin. He discovered it a few days after as I recall it was doubly fortunate it was mt.

1 Like

You looked at SweVivers for dummys video how to remove the Cable form the headset?

1 Like

I tried to remove the cable from the headset, but I couldn’t get it out. I watched SweViver’s “Pimax for dummies #1”. I didn’t see there any tips for removing the cable. I also watched few of his other videos, but I didn’t find the guide. Could you link me to the right video?

Thanks for helping <3

1 Like

looks like parasites, did you try to change your video cables and to move them away from electronic devices (lights, audios, etc…) ?

2 Likes

Unfortunately I only have one Pimax cable. The one that it came with. So I can’t test if the cable is defective.

I tried using it in 2 different locations with two different computers. Same problem in both places.

1 Like

Both eyes are flashing that way or only one?

1 Like

Both eyes flashing.

I managed to remove and place back the cable from the headset. Didn’t help.

1 Like