[Replied]5k+ Thousands of random sparkling pixels (different colors) all over the HMD, and black screen flickering (image going off/on)

Please PM me with details,thanks.

1 Like

Hi,

How can i PM you?

Thanks

Ben

I invited you just now,please check.

can you please invite me, too? i have the same pixel problem

sure,please check it

Hi Doman,
please invite me also? I have the same issue with random sparkling pixels.

Thanks

I am the OP.

It seems the aluminium foil is not 100% fixing the issue. It is “better” but still there. The image loss (for a split second) is gone when using the aluminium foil, but the sparkles are still present. Pimax say they will send me a new cable…still waiting.

Ralf:de: π5k+ Backer

13h

@anon74848233 @Alan.sun
connected my new cable today.
the error is not resolved.
now and then are a few flickering pixel … with the new cable is another error has come, sound interference … crackle.

slowly I lose patience.
I have other things to do to deal with such a crap …

You have SAME issue than me! Pimax 5K+ #Backer 5592 (Flicking dots / Dead Pixel / Short Black Screen) - YouTube

@Ralf, wow, that is scary…I spent 1400$ on this…

@PimaxVR Please sort this

if pimax does not soon get their problems under control i will reclaim my money … and focus on the HMD of XTAL.

I have the exact same problem - just plugged mine in and boom, colours flickering like so many here…

what the…?

I have same problem got my pimax today and I have thousands of sparkles all throughout the scenes. Probably need replacement cable @Doman.Chen

Please create a ticket from support: https://pimaxvr.com/pages/feedback

Now i am waiting for two weeks for the new cable. But i dont get the promised tracking number and my mails are ignored. This is not customer support !!

2 Likes

Hi I am having the same issue, backer # 3423
I only received the 8k last week and after a while (updating drivers etc) I got it working and impressed with the potential, much better display resolution than the Vive, and impressed by how light it is - good jobs guys, but… for this issue. I get the sparkling dots which is annoying but still usable, however the black flashing really makes it unusable as get headaches
and hope nothing worse. As I just received it in April and seems this issue has been around for a while, would’ve been good to get a fixed one
Anyway what do I do now, how do I get this fixed, do I send it back ? Do I raise a support ticket and if so how is this done?
It could be really good but just cant use it

Sorry sounds like you have a cable issue they’ve re-sent out a lot of cables you’re probably gonna need a new cable from pimax.
But when it works it awesome.

Same for me! Sparkling Pixels, got my Pimax about 1.5 months ago but just realized that it was a common issue. @Pimax-Support: How do I get the new cable (Kickstarter Backer)?

I am the OP. I have replaced the cable (sent to me) and all is working 100% fine now, thanks.

I actually received the cable a long time ago and have been testing/playing a lot since then. I can confirm that the new cable 100% fixed the issue.

2 Likes