[Replied]5k+ Left Display Failure - SUPEN-2558

I noticed this today and didn’t notice it yesterday, just developed out of the blue it seems.

The left display has some failure, maybe as simple as the seating of the display ribbon cable of some sort. Unit has not been dropped or hit in anyway. You can see there are some horizontal bands that go across the full width of the left display. Also, I am seeing direct yellow light in the upper and left portion of this same eye (left) where it looks like the display might be separating from the backlight somehow. The two symptoms seem to hint at some sort of mechanical installation failure.

I have tried multiple cables (still have an old bad cable that cuts out and has sparkles) and the same problems are there.

@anon74848233 @Doman.Chen

2 Likes

Just updating this thread:

It’s been 16 days since submitting the SUPEN to Pimax. In 24 hours the following happened:

• Ticket was responded by Pimax support in only a few hours
  • Support determined that I needed replacement headset and advised that units were available in the US warehouse that could be sent to me immediately, but they needed me to send my faulty unit back first
  • I mailed my faulty unit out the following morning, to Florida address with attn: to Kevin Henderson as requested by support
  • Pimax support reimbursed my shipping cost ($18) via paypal as promised.

So far, the support was fantastic and very different than what most describe.

Unfortunately, since that initial day, I followed up with Pimax support via my SUPEN ticket and was told that my replacement headset left SH (shanghai I suppose) on 3/10 to the US warehouse. This was odd because I was told a unit was available already in the US warehouse by the same support person.

It is now the 21st and I thought the US warehouse would have received the 3/10 shipment by now.

@mozi

2 Likes

Hi,This is our internal mistake between our SH and the USA workmates. We have shipped out from the USA, the tracking number is as followings: UPS 1Z150R050317509739. sorry again!

1 Like

This is great news, thanks so much for following up!