[Replied]5k has stopped working

I got the Pimax 5k, connected it to my desktop pc and seemed to work fine. I kept it turned off while I was waiting for my base stations and controllers to arrive. After I got everything setup I plugged everything in, installed latest Pitool, and now the headset doesn’t work anymore. The green led is on, it is tracked, but when I turn it on it shows image on left screen for about 1 seconds and then goes completely black. Have tried switching USB ports and DP ports and even tried using a different PC, but nothing. Is my unit faulty?

Update : So I just tried setting the headset at 72 hz refresh rate via Pitool and now it’s working again? Is this normal? I thought the 5k supported 90hz?

@Doman.Chen @Sean.Huang

2 Likes

Could be an issue with your cable. 90 hz requires more bandwidth and if your cable somehow got faulty and doesn’t provide the required bandwidth any longer, that could explain why your headset works with 72 hz but not 90 hz. How is setting pitool rendering to 0.5 and 90 Hz, is this working for you, does it remain black?

1 Like

I will try it, but I haven’t done anything to the cable, it’s the same as before and it was working fine.

No matter what I set as render quality 90hz simply will not work anymore, I also tried reseting the cable. This started happening after the latest headset update, was working fine before. Its either that or my headset is faulty.

I have replied to you in another post.