[Replied]5K+ bottom half wiggles and is at different 3d depth

Today my 5K+ came in! DPD delivery to NL, got tracking number on Monday and tracked everything perfectly. Backer 503X

Well there is a new discovery that is super weird and I haven’t seen anyone talk about it before.

The screen is divided into an upper and lower half. A line straight in front of you, upper half and bottom half of the screens. The halfs are noticeable because the depth is slightly different and the bottom half wiggles a tiny bit. Maybe one or two pixels at maybe 10 Hz

I haven’t tried switching things on or off yet so hopefully this is a software glitch that might straighten itself out but for now it seems some weird failure in the bridge chip maybe?

EDIT:
Firmware version used: V2.1.255.183
PiTool version used: V1.0.1.91

1 Like

Which PiTool version? Try version .91

I’m now on .95 and will check to see if that helped

EDIT: Did not help. It’s the right eye bottom half, left eye is good…

Here’s a video of the issue in the right panel

1 Like

At first glance it looks like a HW problem to me. Hopefully it isn’t and it can be fixed by @anon74848233 @Pimax-Support

3 Likes

Looks like a bad signal? Maybe some interference? Or a bad panel. RMA What do you think @Heliosurge

3 Likes

Not sure. But agree with Davebobman looks likea hardware issue. Support would know better. Could be cable related but i would think it should affect both eyes. Might be fixable through a teamviewer session. But honestly don’t know.

2 Likes

Its weird in that it looks like what happens with a CRT when you put a magnet to it. Thats not possible on an OLED though.

I move the headset side to side at the end to show the jitter isn’t my hands moving

2 Likes

Imo, there’s no way you could wiggle your hands that quickly and precisely to cause an artifact like that. I agree that it is almost certainly a hardware issue. It’s slightly possible that there’s a software glitch that is interfering with the vsync. Since it only affects 1 panel, I don’t think it could be some sort of cable issue.

2 Likes

@Doman.Chen

Here to help @Pimel solving this issue

2 Likes

Did you turn on lighthouse?

2 Likes

Hi, thanks for the quick response!

Yes I have a normal Vive headset with wands and lighthouses. I use both lighthouses. Installation of PiTool was successful the first try.

1 Like

Please try to turn off lighthouses and see if it is still occur.

2 Likes

Good idea, I should have thought of that myself.

I will try tonight after work.

1 Like

@Doman.Chen

Yes the headset is fine when basestations are turned off.

The problem comes back when I turn them on again.

2 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t get the 8K-BE edition (with CRT screens)?
download

3 Likes

Lmao. Are they trinitron tubes though? They can call it Pimax RE, Radiation Edition.

1 Like

I will ask our engineer about this issue and reply to you soon.

2 Likes