Remove The "60 Day Topic" Closure

There’s so many topics on Open MR Forums that get closed after 60 days from last reply.

Why is that?

Members might want to ask a question for their issues. I can’t speak for everyone, I find I have to start a new thread and come across a closed topic that I could of posted a question in but can’t cause of the 60 days closure.

@PimaxQuorra

2 Likes

Hey,

We selected the option for topics to automatically close after 60 days if there are no new comments.
I will attempt to configure this setting in the backend.

1 Like

I concur. This period should be extended to 12 months minimum.

1 Like

No need to remove it. it is 60days after the kast comment; not 60days after creation.

If there is topic that is closed and you want it reopened or continued. There are 2 options.

Click on topic you can start new topic and it will link back to original

Or

You can do as @Atmos had with with the psvr2 topic and send me or Quorra a pm requesting it be reopened.

Anything amended yet to the 60 days?

@Heliosurge

Why do these options where just removing the limit would be beneficial for everyone. Most other forums don’t have this limit.

1 Like

60 days is a reasonable time period. Now there are 2 options:

1. PM/DM me and I can reopen a topic.
  2. If you click on the topic iirc you can choose to create a nrw topic linked to the original.

The 60 days is after last response and not topic creation.

Next pic shows new topic, bottom left.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.