Received 8K-X, couple of questions

While I totally see that there are usecases of Hz modes matching 24fps and 25fps footage,
there is no sane usescase popping into my mind for 64Hz.
60Hz is great though since 30fps sort of became a new standard over time, meaning footage became more optimized for internet than TV.

At consumer level 24fps and 25fps may still exist as they offer better brightness in darker enviroments when recording eg. with smart phones compared to 30fps.

But considering the improvements of mobile recording I will only be a matter of time when 24 and 25 are history. Dealing with 30fps is a much easier value to be compatible with alomst any devices.

This is btw the only reason for 144z monitors (6x24) which has proven to be surpassed by now as 120 works just as good and even 240Hz models are out there. This also kind of previews the desire of getting a 30fps for videos in the future. Admitted I can not prove it scientificially but I seems obvious to me.

2 Likes

I doubt anyone requested 64 Hz.

3 Likes

I seem to remember people wanting lower refresh rates for performance reasons.

Maybe 60Hz didnā€™t work well on these panels but 64 did?

1 Like

No youā€™re all wrong )))) 60Hz is for ā€œspecialā€ movies which shoots in huge amount exactly with 60fps ))

2 Likes

Ah, the Hobbitā€¦

3 Likes

With that angle on the X and 5K+ makes the X look huge. I just want to confirm the are exactly the same size?

The housing is identical :wink:

2 Likes

sparks on the port? or sparks in the image?

if its the former youbmay want to make sure you dont get electrocuted.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.