Question about the hand tracker

Hi all,
I recently got the 8K-X and with it came the hand tracker. I’ve installed it and it works but for some reason the software IPD get triggered. In the head set i see the IPD window constantly moving the slider a couple of millimeters which is something you can also feel your eyes doing. Not really a pleasant feeling i might say…
Is there a fix for this or do i have to install additional software for the HT, or IPD software for that matter to behave normally?

Hello,

First of all, did you try to remove the HandTracker and does the IPD slider move?

If you install the Ultraleap software to enable the HandTracker?

As we understand, the hand tracker has done nothing with the IPD window, it wouldn’t affect any IPD feature.

Hi,
When i remove the HT the IPD window doesn’t pop up so that’s fine.
When i install the HT that’s when things start to go weird. I did install the Ultraleap software and it works fine. That’s the whole thing, all is fine except for my aforementioned problem. As soon as i connect the HT to the headset the IPD window pops up and starts messing with the IPD. I think it’s software related because i can literally see and feel the screens inside the headset move like when you adjust the IPD through the Pitool.

1 Like

Can you post some details like pitool version and firmware version?

Sure, I’m on Pitool 274 and firmware V2.1.255.2001.

1 Like

I would be curious if it is an issue with that alpha/beta firmware as 2001 has not been rolled out and already has issues with feature removals.

Pitool 274 also has mixed reviews.

@PimaxQuorra

Hello,

We would suggest you to file a ticket with our tech team. As this is the first time we’ve encountered this issue.
This would be great if technician take a look with your setup and software.

Regards.

Hello Dan.

Indeed. Esther and me have collected the reviews and summarize to the Pitool team.
Hopefully these could help them to sort those bugs.

1 Like

Ok, will do. I might be able to film the problem with my phone if that helps.

2 Likes

Good to hear that.
Please share the ticket number with us, so we could follow up this case.

2 Likes

Hopefully they fix the missing features like refresh rates and ipscaling mode.

1 Like

Indeed, that would be great!
Anyway i’ve created a ticket with number: #23628
I’ve attached a very short video with the ticket to show the problem.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.