Quest 3 - Can't get the basics right

Apparently Meta are going head to head with Apple to make a balls to the walls HMD. Good? Well they better redesign the headstrap for starters because look at MZ ear.

1 Like

Heres a connected article to Metas possible possible panels.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: day 1 purchase for me my friend!

1 Like

Just for the record - the Quest 3 geometry is now on HMDGDB (Meta Quest 3 (72Hz) | HMD Geometry Database) thanks to @knob2001.

1 Like

hi. I have read that the q3 has canted displays, not the same way as pimax displays, they are rather rotated but on the same plan (supposedly to reach a bigger fov).
Can hmdq take it in account?

hmdq tool reads the headset view geometry from the runtime, the same way as any VR application does. The view geometry is an abstract representation of the physical design, but does not need to (or have to) match it. The headset can have canted displays (or lenses) but still advertise the geometry with parallel views in order to simplify things for the apps.

So unless the headset runtime explicitly advertises a canted geometry, an app (and hmdq) would not have a clue.

On the other hand, the basic characteristics, like the FOV, should basically remain the same in any view geometry, it is just the representation will be slightly different.

2 Likes