PVR Home Experience: per-colour contrast configuration isn't always set correctly

Hi everybody,
hi @SweViver, @arminelec :slight_smile:

First, once again a big big thank you to both of your for your work with the PVR Home Experience:
I finally got the American Truck Simulator to work in simulated Oculus mode without Parallel Projection thanks to the possibility to transmit starting parameters :blush:
Really very very good work :ok_hand:, and I hope, the whole Pimax driver and Home Experience continues in that direction.

But Iā€™d like to add another PVR HE bug I noticed; donā€™t know whether you know about it:

The per-colour contrast configuration isnā€™t set correctly when being on the ā€œall coloursā€ option and applying then.

Means:
I have set contrast as follows:
all colours: +1
red: +2

=> When I apply this setting while having activated the ā€œredā€ radio button and seeing the red sliders below (+2), the contrast settings are applied correctly.
=> If I have activated the ā€œall coloursā€ radio button and seeing the sliders below (+1), then, when I apply, the image turns less reddish again, and when switching to the ā€œredā€ radio button then, the red +2 sliders have gone down to +1, +2 isnā€™t applied.

Might be the same with the green and blue radio buttons as well, as well as with the brightness options, too, I havenā€™t double-checked that.

The plain PiTool behaves always correctly as far as I can notice.

I donā€™t know whether this issue is already known, just want to let you know :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting the issue and explaining it with examples. Iā€™ve added it to the backlog.

2 Likes

@elin77 can you please share what parameters you used for this? I love ATS and could really use the performance increase of not having to use parallel projectionā€¦thanks!

3 Likes

-oculus
as if you were starting it from within Steam in native Oculus mode.

Unfortunately, donā€™t expect too much of any performance boostā€¦ :confused:

Iā€™m just ā€œcoming backā€ from a special transport delivery from Portland to Newport, and FPS went down to 20 in the cities with lots of cars, police cars and blinking lightsā€¦

(and with FFR ā€œbalancedā€ ON!)

ā€¦ so more or the less the same as if run with SteamVR and PP, and even FFR wasnā€™t a game changer here, though it finally worked due to PP being off :wink:

I think, the Truck Simā€™s simply arenā€™t optimized for VR. Fortunately, they implemented a VR mode at all, and even for both large standards - Oculus and OpenVR -, but it is far from being perfect.
Or: It even IS optimized as best as possible, but due to that Open World scenario and so much details to calculate and render, both engine as well as my actual hardware (Ryzen 5 2600X & 2080 Ti) cannot perform any better right now.
I think, a 3080/3090 already might handle it a bit better, and I am already looking forward to Big Navi, 6800 XT or better. But even then it just might be the Truck Simā€™s behave like DCS, and there is almost no significant gain in FPS :man_shrugging:

But it would be nice, if you could share your experience with the simulated Oculus-mode as well; might be, it turns out a bit better for you :slight_smile:

PS: I have all in-game graphics options maxed out, except SSMA (low), SSAO (off) and DOF (off).

I forgot:
In addition to the starting parameter -oculus, you need to follow this guide:

!
Just in case you did not know :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply! I was already using the -oculus parameter but I hadnā€™t followed the guide that you linked above so I was still having to use PP. I will try the guide and see if it helps me any with performance but I suspect it wonā€™t like you say above. I love the game but as you say the engine just isnā€™t optimized for VR. Me still being on my 1080ti doesnā€™t help anything either with the 8kxā€¦thanks again!

1 Like